If you are looking for a great well equipped couple's boat for local and offshore cruising, check this one out! You could be sailing with this boat, not dreaming, or stuck in someone else's blog!
The S2 11.0 is one of the "20 Affordable Sailboats That Can Take You Anywhere" described in Gregg Nestor's Book. Leon Slikkers founded S2 Yachts in 1973, making quality the watchword of the S2 philosophy. In 30 years of designing and building boats, he discovered quality was responsible for many things - performance, design-integrity and sailing satisfaction. Extremely solid and well built, the S2 is a proven design with exceptional performance and roomy cruising accommodations.
With an efficient hull design, powerful rig, and substantial ballast, S2s are sure-footed as the wind increases. She has more sail area than a 35' Pretorien, is heavier than a Catalina 36 with a higher motion comfort number, and will be more comfortable. Built in Holland, Michigan, this S2 has been upgraded by the each of her four owners, and is best-equipped boat in this price range I've seen. Prepped for Mexico, re-powered in 2009, with a 3 cylinder Yanmar, Monitor wind vane, offshore sails, and good gear, she's sailed to Mexico, Hawaii and back. This good strong cruiser, just might be the boat, you've been looking for! She is well equipped, and priced to sell, so come see her soon. Thanks!
Note: This boat is not in Anacortes.
Please call Lee Youngblood for viewing in Seattle, at Mobile #425-444-9109. Thanks!
* LOA: 36‘ * LWL: 28’ 3”
* Beam: 11‘ 11” * Draft: 5’ 6”
* Disp.: 15,000 Lbs. * Ballast: 6,000 Lbs.
* SailArea: 624 Sq.Ft. * SA/Disp: 16.62
* Bal./Disp.: 40% * M.C.#: 27.95
The layout of the 11 Meter is efficient, open, warm, and inviting. Descending the companionway from the large cockpit, the U-shaped galley is to port and nav station with chart table starboard. Aft of the nav station extends a double berth beneath the starboard cockpit lazarette. Forward of the galley is the U-shaped convertible settee with seating for six, and a settee/single berth on starboard. Forward of the settee to port is the large head with a hanging locker on starboard. A large (7' 4") V-berth in the forepeak has stowage beneath and to either side. Forward of the V-berth is the chain locker. The interior is finished in teak with a teak and holly sole. The layout is comfortable and efficient without being cramped or awkward. Headroom is 6' 3".
Design, Sails and Rigging Notes
* Strong Fiberglass hull w/ balsa core decks
* Skeg-hung rudder, keel-stepped mast, single-spreader rig
* S.S. Wire Standing Rigging (replaced 2013)
* Solent Stay added 2013, Soft Vang/Preventer
* Mainsail w/ battens, 2 reefs, cover, Lazy Jacks
* Schaefer Bridge Traveler, Furler, Topping lift,
* Furling 135% , 100%, 150% Mylar, 2) symmetrical and
* 1) asymmetrical spinnakers for lite air,
* Trysail, Storm Jib, and spare Mainsail
* Sunbrella Dodger (needs restitching/repair)
* Trysail on separate mast track, Spinnaker pole on deck
* 2) Andersen 46ST 2-Speed Primary Winches
* 2) Harkin ST Trim Winches w/ clutches
* Monitor wind-vane self-steering-!
Mechanical and Electrical Equipment
* 3 cylinder Yanmar 3JH4E - 40HP w/ZF Transmission
* 6 knots at 2200 RPM (1/2 gal./hour) <900 Eng.Hours
* 3-blade Max-prop on SS shaft w/PYI dripless seal
* Speedseal and Johnson Impeller
* 12V and 120V Electrical Circuits, breakers and fuses
* 30 AMP Shore Power w/ cord and SMARTPLUG
* 2) Lifeline 6V AGM Batteries - 300AmpHrs.
* Optima 55AH AGM start Battery
* BP 20W, Dmsolar 158W Solar Panel with Charge Controller
* Marlec Wind Turbine with Charge Controller
* Xantrex Freedom HF Battery Charger/Inverter w/ remote
* B&G Multi-display H1000 at Navstation
* Navico DL200 Speed & DS200 Depth in Cockpit
* Furuno Radar/GPS Displays, 10" in cockpit
8" at NavStation w/ Furuno Depth Sounder, Knot metet
* Icom M-710 SSB w/ Insulated backstay, Dyna-plate
Copper ground plane, Antenna Turner and Pactor II-USB Modem
* Dual AM/FM/CD radio w/Bose and cockpit speakers
* Digital Yacht AIS Reciever with WiFi
* Navico Wheel Pilot W5000 Autopilot w/remote
U-shaped Galley | Interior
* 2-Burner Force10 Stove w/Oven
(gimbaled, propane w/solenoid)
* Double-S.S. deep Sinks on centerline
* Ice Box w/ AB refrigeration/freezer
* Pressure water w/ manual pump
* 6 gal. Whale Hot Water heater
(110V or engine heated)
* Magma Grill on rail w/ Propane tank
* C-Head Composting toilet
* Oil cabin lantern in salon
* Sleeps Six (family)
* Freshwater (80 gal), electric pumped
* Diesel fuel (50 gal. 1 Aluminum tank)
* 3) Propane tanks
* NO Holding Tank
Deck | Safety Gear
* Anchors (33 lb. Bruce, 2 Danforth)
* 125' rode + 250ft chain
* Lines lead to the cockpit.
* SS. Stanchions w/2 Dynema lifelines
* Radar Reflector
* Lewmar Windlass w/cockpit remote
* Richie compass on Edison Pedestal
* 4-stroke Yamaha 4HP Outboard
* USCG Decals and 4 Adult Lifejackets
* Man Overboard Pole
* Lifesling Retrieval System, LifeRing
* Zodiac OpenSea 4-Person Life Raft (certification not current)
* Emergency Tiller, Bilge-Pump Handle
* Fenders and Dock-lines, Horn, Bell
* Edson Boarding step
* 3) Fire extinguishers ABC/Halon
* Fixed Halon 1301 in Engine Room
* Tri-color, Nav-lights, spreader, deck lights
* Headroom is 6' 3" Sleeps Six (family)
* Bridge clearance 52' - Check!
* Downrigger (salmon)
* Crabpot (crabs)