Winner of IRC Nationals in 2015 and a former Cowes Week winner, this most successful First 40 is now available at a fantastic price. The boat has been superbly optimised for IRC and is ready for another season of success with a new owner.
The boat benefits from some very attractive go-fast improvements, including a professionally faired hull (in mint condition), upgraded carbon rig package and a fixed carbon bowsprit for asymmetric and reaching sails.
"Zephyr" has led the from the front of the fleet for the last three years and is the perfect boat for some serious IRC racing in 2016 and beyond.
- Injection-moulded GRP hull with balsa core
- White GRP hull, deck and superstructure
- Faired keel and rudder to Farr Yacht Design templates
- Durapox bottom
- Spade hung rudder
- Carbon Wheel steering
- Standard - cruising equipment, bow roller, rear transom ladder, rear cockpit bar, cockpit lockers
- Gas cooker
- Tactick wireless instruments - wind speed and direction, speed/depth/log - repeaters on mast
- Navigation lights plus steaming light and anchor light
- Harken winches with winch handles
- Upgraded Carbon rig package from Hall Spars with two-spreader configuration
- Upgraded fixed carbon bowsprit to allow use of asymmetric and reaching sails
- Carbon symmetric spinnaker pole for windward/leeward racing
- Upgraded carbon boom and vang
- Push button Holmatro, electrically adjustable back stay
- Upgraded 2:1 halyard take off for use with Code 0
- All rod rigging tested and overhauled
All from North Sails UK
Sails from 2014: Lightly used. Used for Commodores Cup 2014.
3DL 860 J1.5
3DL 780 J2 on future fibres cable
3DL 600 Jib Top
Sails from 2013: Used one season
3DL 860 Main
3DL 860 J1.5
3DL 760 J2
3DL 760 J3
Sails from 2010-2012:
S5 - 2010 - used a few times
A1 - 2010
J4 - 2010
Storm and try sail
S2 - 2011
Farr Yacht Sales offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
613 Third Street
Annapolis, MD 21403