Zusatzinformationen, Zubehör und Ausstattung:
Name des Schiffes
Werft: Discovery Yachts
Designer: Ron Holland; Ken Freivokh
Länge über alles: 55 ft 9 in
Breite: 15 ft 8 in
L.W.L.: 44 ft 9 in
Tiefgang min.: 7 ft 3 in
Tiefgang max.: 7 ft 4 in
Verdrängung: 22500 kg
Gesamtleistung: 140 HP
Marke des Motors: Yanmar
Motor Typ: Innenbordmotor
Motorleistung: 140 HP
Anzahl an Einzelbetten: 7
Anzahl Kabinen: 3
Anzahl Toiletten: 2
BLUE COWRIE looks stunning with her mid blue hull and light airy maple interior. She has many thoughtful upgrades both internally and externally, which add to the whole greatly. She has sailed to the Caribbean and back. She is now berthed in Corfu where she is carefully maintained.
I decided to commission the build of BLUE COWRIE after a lot of time researching the market. I wanted a capable blue water cruising yacht in which we could sale far. I chose the Discovery 55 because of the remarkable design - particularly the visibility from the saloon; the amazing master cabin and heads; excellent cockpit; the Solent sail plan with self-tacking jib; and the great engine room accessibility.
I was very involved with the design of the yacht and so I specified a number of features which made her even more special for me - the mid blue painted hull; unique extra space at the bottom of companion way stair; hard wearing timber arm rests on saloon seats and large pilot berth desk. The interior finish is in maple with Birdseye maple on the main saloon table and at the navigation station. Discovery built us bookshelves in aft cabin and in the saloon saloon as well as a unique forward cabin hull cupboards/shelf which has worked brilliantly. The heads compartments have teak grills on the sole, and Discovery built us a great unit for all BLUE COWRIE’s courtesy flags, She also has TV screens and satellite TV as well flush deck hatches which are both practical and beautiful to look at; and fantastic electrics with power points and 12v sockets in all the right places including in the aft lazarette..
BLUE COWRIE has sailed with us to the Chanel islands and then down to the Canaries. We crossed the Atlantic with the ARC to St Lucia in the Caribbean and had wonderful times cruising there. We then returned to the Mediterranean to Gibraltar. We then headed to Greece and Croatia and we have cruised extensively in this part of the Mediterranean which offers some wonderful sailing.
BLUE COWRIE has been a wonderful yacht to own and spend time aboard, and she is brilliantly easy to sail either 2 handed or single handed, and long distance cruising is a relaxed affair. I think that the thing that I love about her above all others is the joinery which is amazing with great attention to detail, and after 26,600 kilometres logged she is ready to do a lot more.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Flag registered in Croatia (Split).
- Composite hull construction with end grain balsa core.
- Layer of kevlar at the bow.
- Non-pigmented gel is used below the waterline.
- Vinylester resins are used throughout.
- 3 x Layers of epoxy as a barrier against moisture ingress.
- Hull mid blue, 35mm silver line, 30mm white line, antifoul; hull repainted December 2013.
- Caveta line in silver through hull port lights.
- Boot top in silver.
- Copper coat antifouling.
- Air Draft: 77’2” / 23.52m.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Composite construction with end grain balsa core.
- Marine ply, stainless steel is used in all load bearing areas.
- White gel coat with black mullions.
- Teak capping rail & decks.
- Joined to the hull with epoxy paste and stainless bolts.
- All bulkheads are laminated into the deck.
Note: Deck was sanded in 2014
Keel & Rudder:
- 9,500kg (20,500lb) shaped lead keel and a depth of 7’3” (2.23m) provides a ballast ratio of 42%.
- Semi balanced large kevlar reinforced rudder.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Yanmar 140hp fresh water cooled.
- Full walk-in engine room.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine Hours: c. 1,570 at June 2016
Propulsion & Steering:
- Single lever controls at cockpit pedestal; pedestal customized to accommodate E80 plotter display.
- Gori propeller.
- Rope cutter to propeller shaft (3-blade).
- MaxPower 125 composite bow thruster.
- 1060mm leather covered stainless wheel controlling a Whitlock Mamba, solid rod steering system.
- Oversized autopilot.
- Emergency steering tiller.
- Marine grade tinned cabling is used throughout.
- 24v System.
- AC distribution panel, in black.
- DC distribution panel, in black.
- 12v Deck outlet adjacent to instrument housing over companionway hatch.
- 12v Deck outlet fitted on underside of steering pedestal.
- 4x 2v sealed gel batteries for house providing 440 amp/hour at 24v.
- 1 x 120 amp/hour start battery for engine.
- 1 x 120 amp/hour start battery for generator.
- House battery charging via shore power or on board 11kW generator & charger.
- 24v to 12v dropper, 30 amp output to provide charging for start batteries; switch fitted to leave off during normal operation of the yacht and only switched on if a problem occurs with the start batteries.
- 55 amp/hour 12v alternator for charging the start battery.
- 110 amp/hour alternator for charging the main house batteries.
- Duo Gen Extra Long Tower alternator, 24v regulator.
- Onan 11kva generator, 230v.
- Generator Hours: c. 1,200 June 2016
- 16 amp shore power cable.
- 32 amp shore power cable.
- 20m extension for shorepower cable.
- 230v/50Hz Shore power.
- Shorepower socket mounted in transom.
- 3kW Inverter providing 230v/50 Hz.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurised hot and cold fresh water.
- Pressurized sea water for deck wash, electric toilets and hot tub; high level valve in engine room for hot tub.
- Water heater plumped to twin coil calorifier; diverter valves fitted to allow bye pass tank.
- Nature Pure drinking water filters.
- Seafresh watermaker 72lt p/hr (H204A, 230v 50hz, close coupled, standard panel).
- Additional main bilge pump with switching circuit breaker.
Grey & Black Water:
- Grey and black water tanks are fitted.
- Total capacity of 1,334 litres in 3 x polyethylene tanks.
- Total capacity of 1,008 litres in 2 x polyethylene tanks.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks.
- Total black water capacity of 160 litres in 2 x tanks.
- Permanent gas supply to aft deck for barbeque.
- Additional hose sets to change to butane supply.
- Raymarine ST60 speed, wind & closed hauled instrumentation.
- Garmin 128 GPS.
- Raymarine Autopilot ST7002+; with addition of rate gyro compass.
- Icom M505 VHF with DSC and masthead antenna.
- Clock, barometer and electronic barometer.
- ST7001+ pilot control on pedestal.
- ST60 multi function repeater in navigation area; visible from saloon seating.
- Raymarine Smart Controller wireless pilot remote control; complete with base unit.
- Raymarine E80 display at pedestal, integrated with internal navigation desk display; 4kW radar scanner.
- Digital Yacht AIS receiver/transmitter linked to E80 series display.
- Raymarine E80 display at navigation desk, integrated with cockpit display.
- Cables and switching to interface internal and external E80 plotters.
- 25m Radar cable.
- Radar bracket.
- Navtex – ICS Nav 6 plus.
- FLS Black Box; interfaced to Raymarine E80s.
- Ray 240E Class D DSC VHF; including loud hailer facility (loud hailer fitted to mast).
- Ray 240E 2nd station with handset and speaker.
- Icom M801 SSB plus ATU 140 bundle pack.
- Iridium satellite telephone – portable Motorola 9505A.
- Custom Iridium antenna and antenna assembly. 13m cable assembly from transom post to navigation desk with 1m TNC male to female adaptor.
- Iridium data kit to suit 6505A portable handset (optional).
- CF200 PC with 60gb ultra rugged drive, 2.5ghz processor, 512mb of ram, DVD/CD, 5 x serial ports, fast graphics.
- RF keyboard and mouse.
- 15” TFT PC monitor fitted to navigation desk; painted to match Raymarine products.
- 2-port video switch to allow dual input to monitor (E80 and PC).
- Brother MFC-425CN printer/fax/scanner/copier.
- Smart bridges wi-fi point with USB hub and network switch.
- Raytech software VR6.
- Wiring to aft cabin from PC for printer -5m USB2 cable plus 5m USB2 active extension plus USB socket in facia panel.
- Icom Charger for Icom hand held VHF.
- GSM – FCT151 GSM box installed with remote headset.
- Quad band GSM antenna fitted to lower port spreader and RG214 cable back to navigation desk.
- Navionics Platinum card 25p.
- Navionics Platinum card 31p.
- Navionics Gold card for Caribbean.
- Bonito Weatherfax software.
- Waverogue WIFI enhancer.
- Zannussi Aquacycle XX washer/dryer.
- Large front opening fridge for easy access (300 litres/10.4 cu.ft).
- Large front opening freezer (170 litres/6 cu.ft).
- Force 10 – 4 burner gas cooker.
- 230v Microwave.
- Front loading dish washer.
- Hot/cold freshwater shower on aft deck to wash down after your swim.
- Electric shower and sink sump pump
- Separate showers.
- 2 x Sananautico electric WCs to forward and aft heads compartments.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Eberspacher Hydronic M10 central heating.
- Full tropical air conditioning (10k BTU forward, 12k BTU aft, 16k BTU saloon).
- Fans fitted to all three sleeping cabins (2 x in aft cabin, 2 x in forward cabin and 2 x in pullman cabin).
- Sony water resistant cockpit speakers in cockpit; insulation fitted to rear of cockpit speakers to dampen sound affect inside yacht.
- Alpine DVA 9860 tuner/CD/DVD to saloon; multi region.
- Alpine remote control fitted to pedestal.
- IPod interface to Alpine CD/DVD/tuner in saloon.
- 3-way Clarion speakers to saloon.
- Flat screen TV fitted to port side of companionway entrance.
- TV interfaced to PC via DVI cable.
- Raymarine STV satellite TV antenna and TV tuner.
- Digi box; installed in the aft locker under the pilot berth and wired to provide signal to saloon and aft cabin TVs; Sky box previously installed but non-functional in Croatia.
- Magic eye system to provide remote control facilities for satellite receiver; receiver based in saloon, remote required in forward cabin, aft cabin and saloon.
- FM antenna CA AA20 plus AAX5 splitter box.
- Glomex TV masthead antenna capable of providing signal to three cabins.
- Transom socket for connect to marina/satellite TV.
- Lights in deck lockers.
- Halogen lighting throughout.
- Night lights throughout.
- Ondine bulkhead light fitted to port side middle window pillar; extra to the 2 x standard wall lights.
- Cube lights, in from lazarrette bulkhead, on locker top adjacent to aft berth.
- Saloon light switch located in the overhead adjacent to companionway.
- 2 x Upward facing LED up lighters in blue, fitted to top spreaders to light up the mast head.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Maple interior with Mape Bird’s Eye saloon table, chart table, aft cabin vanity unit and pilot berth overlay.
- Tinted double glazed windows in main saloon.
- All main saloon windows are toughened safety glass.
- Lewmar and Gebo opening and fixed hatches around the yacht.
- Mosquito blinds (almost) throughout.
- Mosquito screen for companionway hatch.
- All interior door and drawer catches in large style.
- Hull side linings in the following areas are in maple strips; aft cabin, Pullman cabin, pilot berth, forward cabin and galley outboard.
- Heated towel rails installed; electric with timer switches.
- Opening port lights in hull, 6 x in total.
- Front opening windows in saloon.
Description of layout:
- Modern galley design.
- Vented wet locker at end of the galley.
- Fiddles to shelves, in maple. Standard rail replaced with wooden up stands which stop short of the locker sides to assist with cleaning.
- Dividers fitted to top two galley drawers; base baize lined and 2 x removable wooden dividers fitted to each drawer.
- Glass and bottle stowage included; Perspex shelves can be removed easily. Glasses therein match curtains.
- Bookshelf fitted between saloon bulkhead lights; laminated maple fiddle with stainless steel legs.
- Removable desk top in Bird’s Eye maple supplied to place on top of pilot berth to create a desk top; stowes under cushion when not in use (original mattress removed as currently used for duvet storage).
- Shelf at foot end of pilot berth to take Brother MFC425CN printer, leaving sufficient space for feet; wiring runs to aft cabin.
- Curtains fitted to all saloon windows; windscreens – outboard curtains in one piece, opening outboard to the corner pillars. Centre curtain in two pieces, one opening to port and one to starboard and stowing against the forward pillars.
- Raised navigation seat providing panoramic vision.
- Red night light.
- PC monitor and E80 accommodated in raised section with the E80 mounted inboard; raised section integrated into construction of the desk.
- Superb flag pigeon hole unit, in maple, fitted above navigation desk seat.
- King size double berth with split interior sprung mattress.
- 3 x Lee cloths.
- 1 x Hanging cupboard.
- En-suite heads.
- 1 x Vanity desk; with drawers.
- 1 x Opening hatches.
- 2 x Dorade vents.
- Curtains fitted to hull port lights; on starboard side, curtain track stops short at book shelf.
- Bookshelf behind aft cabin chair; formed by a fixed fiddle which allows A4 books standing vertically to be dropped in.
- Wooden glass holder on aft galley bulkhead with Perspex upper shelf, in maple.
- Binocular rack in maple.
- Locker created either side of drawer box under berth. Accessed only when drawers are removed.
- Aft cabin low level portlight to transom.
- GRP moulded units.
- Seats in all showers
- Teak grating to forward/aft shower and heads compartment; bearing sections in contact with the GRP module are in delrin or nylon to avoid teak staining on the white surface.
- Curtain fitted to portlight over basin in aft heads compartment.
- Toilet brushes fitted to both heads compartments.
- Weighted basin plugs.
Main Forward Cabin:
- Double bed raised, with split mattress.
- Head forward.
- Custom detailing to shelves as per original owner’s design.
- Partitioning bulkhead forward of the port light.
- Central lee cloth.
- 1 x Opening hatch.
- Dorade vent.
- Wardrobe, shelves and drawers; drawers beneath the port light and false drawer fronts running forward.
- Fiddle incorporated above shelf.
- Starboard wardrobe has hanging rail fitted to allow dual use by removing the shelves.
- Access panel to outboard of drawer unit.
- 2 x Berths.
- Lee cloths.
- Drawers and hanging locker.
- Curtain covers portlight only and does not pull back to bulkhead; extends 380mm each side of the portlight centre.
- Shelf in engine room for tools.
- Deep centre cockpit.
- Large drains to remove water quickly with steel grating to stop smaller items being lost.
- Deep shaped seat backs.
- Substantial cockpit table with drinks holders.
- Hot tub.
- I: 71’7” / 21.83m.
- J: 20’4” / 6.21m.
- P: 63’5” / 19.33m.
- E: 22’3” / 6.78m.
- Double spreader B&R rig.
- Anodised Selden aluminium mast and boom (White powder coated).
- Lewmar mainsheet traveller track.
- Lewmar traveller for self tacking Jib.
- Electric in-mast reefing.
- Lewmar turning blocks.
- Standing rigging – 1 x 19 stainless steel wire in swaged terminals.
- Spinnaker pole deck fittings for 4.8m and 5m twistle poles.
- Spinnaker guy blocks – 130mm Lewmar single racing blocks with attached screw in pad eyes; deck area reinforced according to specification from High Modulus.
- Spinnaker pole downhaul block – Lewmar size 36 snatch block plus Harken choker strop.
- Spinnaker sheets, guys and pole downhaul lines.
- Selden in-boom preventer system.
- Gennaker tack pole – removable and stowed in dedicated position in sail locker when not in use.
- Spinnaker Halyard 1 – Halyard, splice and swiveling snap shackle, cranked top bracket, block and spinlock jammer.
- Spinnaker Halyard 2 – Halyard, splice and swiveling snap shackle, cranked top bracket, block and spinlock jammer.
- Twistle rig.
- Carbon spinnaker pole, 120mm ID x 6.2m, painted in white; leather protection in way of shrouds.
- Aluminium whisker pole 96mm – 1 x 4.8m and 1 x 5m in white with deck stowage.
- Additional third spinnaker pole car to allow addition of whisker pole.
- Bamar electric furling to self tacking jib.
- Bamar electric furling to genoa.
- Bamar rollergen system for MPS.
- Sailtec hydraulic boom vang with control panel in cockpit.
- Passive radar reflector fitted to mast.
- See Me active radar reflector fitted to mast.
- Loud hailer fitted to mast.
- Parasailor spinnaker complete with sock (optional).
- All Andersen winches.
- 2 x Electric mainsheet winches. Mainsheet double ended. Additional turning block and up stand required to starboard side, spinlock jammer on custom foot attached to both sides.
- Electric primaries.
- Electric central control winch at companionway.
- 2 x Additional manual ST 52 winches for main sheet; 1 x on either side.
- North Sails:
- In mast furling mainsail with vertical in Spectra (sacrificial strips for spreader patches).
- Furling genoa in Norlam.
- Furling self tacking jib in Spectra.
- Stormbag storm jib (optional).
- North Sails MPS to suit rollergen system (optional).
- Parasailor Spinnaker (optional).
- Bathing ladder provided.
- Deep self draining chain locker.
- Large sail locker.
- Stainless pulpit with teak seats.
- Stainless pushpit rail with teak seats; modified to include 1 x additional slat giving a larger seat base.
- Fishing rod holder fitted to pushpit.
- Stainless stanchions with higher than standard guard rail; guard wires in stainless steel, no PVC protection.
- Stainless guardrails over dorade boxes; facing aft.
- All deck hatches hinged on aft face to allow maximum ventilation.
- Forward cabin and aft cabin MP60 Lewmar hatches recessed, with teak and drain channels fitted.
- Antenna post to starboard incorporating stern light, Navtex, Iridium, Wave finder and GPS.
- Satellite TV antenna post to port, in stainless steel. Easily removable.
- Cockpit table with modified stainless steel grab and toe rails..
- Stainless steel rubbing strip on gunwale, adjacent to cleats only.
- Side ladder with mounts.
- 1 x Security catch (lock) on sail locker and each lazarette (3 x in total).
- Teak grating for aft cockpit floor area.
- Passarelle; deck fittings and stowage in lazarette.
- Shelves in lazarettes run fore and aft, high up against the hull in each side locker; sized to carry an engine oil container and cleaning products.
- Plastic cleats with lanyards fitted to all 3 deck lockers to hang warps, from minimum of 10 in sail locker and 5 in each lazarette.
- D section rub strip to cap rail at companionway entrance; 2 x strips per side.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Lewmar electric windlass; upgraded to include rope drum.
- Remote control anchor windlass switch at helm.
- 60m of 10mm calibrated chain.
- 40kg Delta anchor stows in stemhead fitting.
- Saltwater pressurized deck & anchor wash located in the chain locker.
- 8 x Stainless steel mooring cleats; additional set positioned aft. Modification made later to provide stainless steel cover to capping rail to increase strength of 4 x cleats.
- Fortress FX55 kedge anchor.
- 10m chain and 50m Octaplait for kedge anchor.
- Stowage bag for Fortress anchor.
- Mooring warps.
- 9 x Fenders; lanyards in English braid hemp, tan coloured.
- Anchor chain markers.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Bimini top on stainless steel frame, adjustable track and window in top complete with stowage cover.
- 3 x Curtains to bimini with tie downs. Curtains reach down to cockpit coaming and also attach out to guardwires to form a tent effect.
- Canvas dockside protector, to prevent fender rub on gel coat.
- Full set of cockpit and pushpit seat cushions.
Tender & Outboard:
- Davits (100kg load).
- Avon RIB and 9.9hp Mercury outboard (2011).
- Strong webbing Jackstays.
- Automatic fire extinguisher fitted in the engine room.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.