HULL & DECK:
- Awlgripped dark green hull, white boottop, black bottom, in first class condition.
- Fiberglass with closed cell foam sandwich construction. Solid fiberglass around every thru-hull fitting.
- White decks; no deck crazing.
- Teak cockpit sole and exterior trim.
- Exterior brightwork refinished in Cetol to first class condition in 2015.
- S/S dinghy davits.
- Forespar outboard crane and S/S motor mount.
- Drop-down transom/swim platform for easy boarding from stern.
- Maxwell vertical electric windlass with controls at helm and bow (dual action).
- 3 solar Nicro vents.
- 2 Dorade ventilators.
- 6' teak bow pulpit with double bow rollers.
- S/S handrails.
- Four S/S Hood deck hatches with integral teak screens.
- Two bronze dolphins built into raised aft bulwarks (This was an L. Francis Herreshoff idea - Gozzard incorporated several L.F. Herreshoff's ideas into his design).
- 2015 toast-colored Sunbrella Dodger, Bimini & connector panel.
- S/S arch for mainsheet and cockpit enclosure.
- 2015 sandblasted and epoxied keel.
- Watertight bulkhead forward.
- Teak spoked steering wheel with cover.
Fuel: 101 gallons in aluminum tank.
Water: 175 gallons in fiberglass tank.
Holding: 40 gallons. with macerator pump.
CONSTRUCTION DETAILS PER MANUFACTURER'S SPECIFICATIONS:
- The hull laminate as with all Gozzard Yachts is a “sandwich” cored construction. The “SP Systems” Corecell foam core increases panel stiffness, strength, impact resistance and sound/thermal insulation while maintaining an excellent weight to strength ratio. Most of the weight saved by designing the cored laminate is then re-applied in extra skin thickness either side of the core, making the laminate schedule, in the words of the SP engineers, “robust in the Gozzard tradition”. Only marine grade Vinyl-ester laminating resins are used in the hull laminate.
- The hull laminate is constructed of knitted double bias E-glass RM (0-90) and XM (45-45) cloth. Additional reinforcing is utilized in the bow, trail-board, chain plate, mast step and transom areas. The core material measures ¾”in thickness, has a density of 6 pounds per cubic foot. The core is installed using both vacuum bagging and hand laid techniques. The core runs from the cove stripe to approximately 10” from the centerline. The coring material is eliminated and replaced with a solid glass laminate in the areas of the sheer line, centerline, keel, rudderpost, and thru-hulls.
- The deck, like the hull is finished with Cook “Buffback” Off White gelcoat and is a molded FRP sandwich construction with ½”, ¾”and 1” SPS Corecell. In areas where equipment is to be installed, the coring material is eliminated created a solid laminate. The outer and inner skins are built up to a thickness of approximately 1/4”. The deck flange is solid and built up to ½” in thickness. Extra reinforcing is added to cleat, mast step and winch attachment areas as well as high stress areas and corners. The hull deck joint is bedded in 3M 5200 and bolted on 6” centers with 5/16” Stainless Steel machine screws with ny-lock (aircraft) nuts.
- All main or structural bulkheads are constructed using cored FRP laminates for superior strength, low relative weight and total rot resistance. All bulkheads are glassed to the hull and later the deck before the interior trim work is installed.
- While some manufacturers install grid like structure with the cabin sole screwed down onto the tops, we prefer to use a closed grid structure by combining the floor and the stringer surfaces into assemblies. This not only makes the floor nice and solid under foot it also compartmentalizes the areas you can not easily access normally. The center section is accessed with removable bilge panels to provide access to tanks and pumps.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Single 2003 Westerbeke diesel, 72 hp, 6 cylinder, FWC.
- 1600 engine hours.
- Cruising speed: 7.5 knots @ 2300 RPM.
- Max speed: 9 knots.
- 6 hp Bow thruster.
- Fixed 3 blade prop.
- Dual Racor fuel filters.
- Fuel gauge.
- 2015 dripless stuffing box and new cutlass bearing.
- 12V DC/110V AC system.
- 2012 new batteries, 500 amp house bank, with upgraded wiring (house bank consists of 6-2V forklift batteries for quick change-out, if necessary).
- 2006 inverter/charger.
- Hubbell shore power with cord.
- Battery monitor system.
- Reverse cycle air conditioning/heat.
- One electric bilge pump; one Whale in cockpit.
- For 5 in two cabin layout.
- FRANCES features the "A" interior: this arrangement is ideal for a cruising couple and allows the interior to be opened up for a much larger feeling main cabin, and also provides two stateroom privacy when guests are invited aboard.
- Varnished Cherry interior in like-new condition; stunning joinerwork below.
- Full width hanging/storage locker forward of the main salon.
- Main salon settees have a large or small dining table, and converts to a centerline queen berth.
- The main bulkhead closes off to make a private forward stateroom when desired.
- Built-in TV to starboard and bulkhead mounted propane heater to port, with more storage lockers.
- Next is a large U-shaped galley with separate dinette to port.
- The large nav station is opposite to starboard, followed by a freezer below and refrigerator above.
- Aft to starboard is an enclosed head with shower stall, Raritan manual head and sink, Corian vanity top with Italian tile backsplash, and new 2015 head hoses.
- Enclosed aft cabin to port has king berth, hanging locker and drawers.
- Varnished teak & holly sole throughout the interior, in new condition.
- U-shaped galley to port provides plenty of storage, and the U-shaped configuration allows the cook to work safely and efficiently while underway.
- Force 10 three burner stove with oven and broiler.
- 2-20 lb propane tanks.
- Nova Cool refrigerator/freezer aft of nav table.
- White Corian galley countertops with Italian tiled back splash.
- Double S/S sinks with hot and cold pressure water.
- Raymarine RL70C chartplotter/radar; 2 kw radar scanner.
- ST60 wind instruments - windspeed and AWI.
- ST60 Tridata depth, speed and log.
- Autohelm 7002 autopilot.
- VHF with remote Ram mic at helm.
- Ritchie SP5C compass.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- 1300 sq. ft. sail area.
- Quantum mainsail.
- Quantum self tending staysail.
- Quantum cruising spinnaker.
- Quantum 130% genoa.
- Lewmar 54 S.T. sheet winches.
- One Lewmar 44 S.T. electric winch - helps furl all three furling sails - main, genoa and staysail.
- Selden boom vang.
- Selden jib furlers.
- 2015 new Selden staysail furling drum.
- Selden in-mast furling with double spreaders; mast is deck stepped.
- Spinnaker pole on mast to pole out genoa.
- 14 S/S shrouds and stays.
- Double backstays; headstay and forestay.
- S/S rigger looked over all S/S rigging several years ago.
- Quantum sails washed and resewn as needed, with new Sunshields, tack, clew, and head webbing.
- Halyards led aft to spinlock sheet stoppers with sheet bags to hold halyard tails.
- 10' 2" Avon RIB with Honda 4 stroke 15 hp outboard.
- Full cockpit enclosure with screens, sunshades and mosquito netting, 2003.
- 60 lb CQR anchor with 250' HT chain.
- 40 lb Bruce anchor on 50' chain and 250' rode.
- Fortress stern anchor with rode.
- Hot and cold cockpit shower.
- S/S BBQ grill - uses propane.
- 2 @ 20 lb LPG tanks in forward compartment at bow.
- Custom winter cover.
- 12V fans.
- Helm wheel cover.
- White closed cell cockpit cushions.
- 3 dark green adjustable sport seats.
- Teak built-in hatch screens for overhead hatches.
- Solar panel to cool refrigerator-freezer.
- Fenders, docklines, USCG gear.
- AM/FM/CD stereo with 2 speakers in cockpit and 2 below.
COMMENTS: FRANCES is one of the highly regarded Gozzard 41 Cutters, offering traditional, handsome, stunning lines, with exceptionally fast sailing characteristics. Her speed truly surprises her owners. FRANCES is the only Gozzard on the market with a Dark Green Awlgripped hull. She is equipped with all the best gear for long-range liveaboard cruising, such as 6 hp bow thruster, air conditioning, all roller furling sails, an electric winch, windlass, HBI dinghy and outboard, full cockpit enclosure, new canvas, Dodger and bimini, heater and more. She also has the preferred interior "A" layout which appeals to a liveaboard couple who occasionally desire guests to visit in the privacy of their own cabin. Please call us to inspect this first class, offshore cutter. She will not disappoint you. Thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.