With the speed and the range to make those long offshore trips quick and comfortable, the Albemarle 285 Express Fisherman is no lightweight. This is a heavily armed fishing machine which can fish with the big boats any day, time or place. And like all boats in the Albemarle line, the 285 has a beautiful clean fiberglass finish with molded-in non-skid surfaces and low maintenance trim, which are easy to maintain and look great for years. The 285 makes overnight trips and long trips offshore comfortable and productive with a highly functional cabin and cockpit.
Contact Mike Stafford Today!
(242) 727-1176 | MikeS@Bradford-Marine.com
Sellers: Contact us today to find out if you qualify for
Bradford Marine Bahamas Brokerage - Traditional values with a fresh new approach to yacht and ship brokerage.
Bradford Marine Bahamas Brokerage offers the Bahamas’ first full-line brokerage service for all types of marine craft - luxury yachts, sailboats, commercial craft, barges and more. If you own it, we can sell it. If you want it, we can find it.
This 28' Albemarle SAGIATT (Seemed A Good Idea At The Time) is only selling as the owners are moving up to a larger convertible vessel - the family is growing so the boat has to as well. She is duty paid and registered in The Bahamas, but can also be re-documented in the US and the owner is happy to bring her to Miami for viewing and sale.
She cruises at 23-25 knots @3200rpm and burns about 8 gallons an hour on each engine (16 total). She is an incredibly comfortable and economical day/overnight boat and would suit anyone moving up from a center console or even a charter fisherman.
The seller purchased her from the original owner in May 2014 with a full survey, following which she spent several months in the yard where all the engine cooling system, jackshafts and outdrives were completely striped down and refurbished.
Specific work undertaken in 2014 included:
1) The removal flushing and replacement of the entire cooling system including new heat exchangers and all new hoses and clamps.
2) Complete removal, refurbishment and resealing of both out drives.
3) Removed, refurbished and replaced both jack-shafts replacing all universal joints and bearings, and the installation of new custom built new scatter guards over the universal joints.
4) Installed a new Garmin chart plotter (840 xs).
5) Installed new duel battery charger.
6) Installed new racor fuel filters on both engines.
5) Replaced both engine thermostats.
6) Replaced Starboard Trim Pump.
8) Replaced both outdrive trim cylinders.
She went back in the yard in August 2015 for the installation of a new Garmin autopilot with shadow drive, a complete sand blast and bottom paint of both the drives and the hull, new strataglass curtains, new bomar front hatch and new LED cockpit, spreader and navigation lights.
Last month the seller completely refurbished the center and outriggers with new monofilament, ronstan pulleys, aftco roller-troller clips and rupp gunwale bushings and cleats.
All invoices for all work undertaken are available and she is turnkey and ready to go. All serious offers considered.
|Length w/o pulpit||27'1"|
|Fuel Capacity||260 US gal|
|Water Capacity||14 US gal|
|Livewell||23 US gal|
|Transom Fishbox||45 US gal|
|Cockpit Fishbox||54 US gal|
3051 W. State Road 84
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312