Worldwide Traveler is an owner's version of the very popular Catana 471 series which was the 1999 Sailing Catamaran of the Year Award winner.
Under her present ownership she has sailed to and cruised the Mediterrean extensively and then returned across the Atlantic to explore most of the Caribbean.
She has undergone refits in 2014 and a mechanical refit in 2016.
New thru hulls
Complete refit of the engine rooms
New Raymarine electronics
New SD 60 saildrives with new Gori props
Near new starboard Yanmar engine with 800 hours
Rebuilt port engine with 130 hours since rebuild
New rudder bearings
Fresh bottom job
Corian counter tops
Refigeration and freezer
Worldwide Traveler was just taken on a shake down cruise to the Bahamas where all systems were tested and I'm happy to report that the boat preformed extremely well.
If you are in the market for a performance catamaran with a complete list of cruising options, call me, this boat ready to sail,NOW
Be sure to watch the Drone video of Worldwide Traveler shot last week!
You can check it out on youtube at Catana 471 drone video.
Zusatzinformationen, Zubehör und Ausstattung:
Name des Schiffes
Designer: Christophe Barreau
Flagge: British Virgin Islands
Länge über alles: 47 ft 0 in
Breite: 25 ft 3 in
L.W.L.: 45 ft 7 in
Tiefgang min.: 2 ft 8 in
Tiefgang max.: 8 ft 4 in
Verdrängung: 19621 lbs Trocken
Brückenhöhe: 72 ft 0 in
Stehhöhe: 6 ft 3 in
Gesamtleistung: 80 HP
Marke des Motors: Yanmar
Motor Typ: Innenbordmotor
Antrieb Typ: Sail drive
Motorleistung: 40 HP
Marke des Motors: Yanmar
Motor Typ: Innenbordmotor
Antrieb Typ: Sail drive
Motorleistung: 40 HP
Normalfahrt Geschwindigkeit: 7 Knoten
Höchstgeschwindigkeit: 8 Knoten
Anzahl Wassertanks: (106 Gallonen)
Anzahl Treibstofftanks: 2 (100 Gallonen)
Anzahl Fäkalientanks: 2 (13 Gallonen)
Anzahl an Einzelbetten: 2
Anzahl an Doppelbetten: 3
Anzahl Kabinen: 3
Anzahl Toiletten: 3
Anzahl Personen Rettungsinsel: 10
Worldwide Traveler is an owner's version of the Catana 471 featuring 3 staterooms and three heads. The owner's area occupies the starboard hull and consists of a large ,comfortable queen sized bed, storage lockers, a large opening port, good lighting and fans.
Moving forward the is a sit down desk with ample drawers that could be used as an office.
Inboard, there are large lockers for storage. Forward of the desk is a built in washer/dryer.
Next is the owner's head and shower which is spacious. There is a marine toilet, vanity, mirror and lockers for storage. The shower is ensuite.
There is a entrance to the crew quarters here but it is mostly used for storage.
The owner's hull has a sliding door at the base of the stairs with a drop down top for complete privacy.
In the guest hull there are 2 staterooms and 2 heads with showers. The aft stateroom has a queen sized mattress with plenty of storage below, plus numerous large hanging lockers for clothes storage. There are fans and opening ports for ventilation especially a large open port in the hull.
There is a private entrance to the head which has a marine toilet, vanity, mirror,storage and shower.
The forward berth is a little smaller and has many of the same amenities as the aft including comfortable mattress, large opening hatch into the area between the hulls, lights and fans.
Inboard in the hull is a small sea berth with storage.
Worldwide Traveler has a wonderful salon area that includes the galley and navigation area. Large windows allow light and enhance the living quality with panoramic views.The centerpiece is a beautiful teak table that can fold to make a smaller space with seating for 6 guests. There is storage under all the seating including a liquor cabinet.
The floor is teak and holly and the cabinets are maple with teak trim.
The aft part of the salon can be opened to provide great ventilation and communication with the cockpit.
The galley is comprised of the starboard side of the main salon and features:
Double SS sinks with Scandvic fixtures (2014)
Dish rack for drying dishes
Force 10, 4 burner propane stove with oven
Corian counter tops (2014)
Large 6.3 cubic foot two door box with Frigoboat Capri 35 compressor and evaporate plate with Guardian thermostat and smart speed controller (2014)
2.85 cubic foot freezer box with Frigoboat Capri 50 compressor with large evaporator plate and smart speed controller (2014)
Numerous drawers for storage
Hidden locker for trash container
Sails and Rig
Fully battened mainsail by Incidence (2007) ,inspected and repaired by North Sails (2013)
Jib by Incidence, (2007) inspected and repaired in (2012)
Blue and yellow spinnaker in a hard sock
New Dyform rigging and custom chainplates in (2007)
Profurl genoa furler LCI 42
Carbon fiber mast by Marechal (71' air draft)alloy boom
- Winches: (6x) ANDERSEN Two speed 52 ST (3 are electric); (2x) ANDERSEN Two speed 46 ST
- Deck cleats: (8x) large 17” aluminum; plus 2 spares
- Cockpit seating and table: Custom teak and bamboo folding cockpit table (2013), 52” x 53”, seats 8 with bench seating and 4 folding teak stools
- Cockpit cushions: 3” closed cell green welted, white vinyl (2013)
- Helm covers: (2x) new EDSON COMFORT leather wheel covers (2014)
- BBQ: MAGMA CATALINA GOURMET Gas Grill (Model A10-1218-LS) with green Sunbrella cover (2012)
- Deck shower: hot and cold with SS cover port transom, SCANDVIC (2013)
- Bimini: Sunbrella 2-batten (frame repainted AWLGRIP 2013)
- Deck hardware: (12x) SPINLOCK jam cleats (rebuilt 2012); FREDERIKSEN blocks
- Lifelines: All stanchions were reset, and new lifelines installed (2013)
- Traveler: CATANA double sheet traveler
- Standing rigging: 5/8” Dyform stays (replaced 2005), 1/2” rod diamond stays, custom SS chainplates (2005)
- Running rigging: NEW ENGLAND ropes (2005), DYNEEMA halyard (2013)
- Stack pack with lazy jacks: Spectra lazy jacks (2012)
- Batten car brand: ANDERSEN
- Primary anchor: ROCNA 33 - 73lbs (2013)
- Primary anchor chain and size: 200’ of 3/8” G4 chain (2013), spliced to 100’ of 1” 8-strand braided-nylon rode
- Secondary anchor: SPADE, standard with Catana 471
- Secondary anchor chain and size: 30’ of 3/8” chain with 170’ of 7/8” three-strand black nylon rode
- Deck wash-down pump: JABSCO with coiled hose in chain locker (2013)
- Windlass: LEWMAR Ocean 3 vertical gypsy/drum (2013)
- Trampoline: SUNRISE YACHT PRODUCTS Offshore 3/8” woven polyester open Net, grey with special grommets and spectra lacing (2013)
- Bumpers: TAYLOR MADE: (4x) 3’long, 12” dia.; (2x) 3’ long, 10” dia.; (1x) 21” long, 8” dia; (1x) 1’ dia. pillow bumper (2014 double braid nylon pennants)
- Dock lines: (4x) 35’ New England Ropes 7/8” double braid nylon (2014)
- Opening hatches: Moonlight hatches: (4x) 28”x21”, (2 on foredeck, 2 on transom to engine rooms); (3x) inset on windows to main cabin (2 are 12”x17”, 1 is 14.5”x19.5”); (8x) small oval ports, (6 are 12”x16”, 2 are 12”x24”); (4x) Large oval windows 13”x45”; (2x) 15”x19.5” safety hatches (all locking handles replaced 2013)
- Davits: Aluminum, (painted AWLGRIP 2013)
- UV window covers: (6x) main cabin; with screens for all side hatches (2014)
- Winch covers: (8x) Sunbrella
- Binnacle covers: (2x) compass and instruments, Sunbrella
- GPS: RAYMARINE XPX30 Smartpilot (with 170 color control panel) (2013)
- Chart plotter: RAYMARINE e95 Hybridtouch MFD display (2013)
- Radar: RAYMARINE 18” 4KW Digital Dome (2013)
- Depth Sounder: B&G Hercules 2000 controller and transducer, (2013); additional Hawkeye D10D for backup (2013)
- Wind speed and direction: B&G Hercules 2000 (2013)
- Autopilot: RAYMARINE L Drive Type 2L5, with P70 color display controller and Wireless Smart Controller (2013)
- VHF: STANDARD HORIZON Matrix AIS + GX2150 (2013)
- Handheld VHF: WEST MARINE Model VHF85 Submersible (2013)
- Handheld GPS: GARMIN GPSMap 78SC (2009)
- Compass: (2x) PLASTIMO Olympic 135 (new covers 2012)
- Satellite phone system: GLOBALSTAR Qualcomm 1600 (with cradle and add-on privacy handset) (2005)
- SSB Radio: none, but wired and prepped with copper ground-plate, Shakespeare antenna and Pactor III Modem
- TV: 32" LED SAMSUNG Smart HDTV, 1080p, 120 Hz (2013), with HDMI Wifi connector for display of PC content (2014)
- Stereo salon: FUSION MS-AV 600 AM/FM/CD/DVD player (new 2014)
- Stereo master cabin: KENWOOD AMR - D358 AM FM radio/CD player (new 2014)
- 6 Speakers total in three zones; 2 new CLARION marine speakers in cockpit(2014)
- Life raft: PLASTIMO Class 2 Oceanic 10 Person, (2007)
- Flares: 6x MK7 red hand flares; 4 MK3 red parachute flares; 2 MK3 buoyant orange smoke flares; 3x small red hand flares; 2x small red rocket parachute flares
- Strobes: Personal armband
- Life Vests: 4x Adult Type 1 Offshore (2007); 5x Adult Type 2 Near Shore (2005); 1x Youth Type 2 Near Shore; 1x Youth Type 3 form-fitting
- MOB Gear: 2 yellow PLASTIMO horseshoes (2013); PLASTIMO 12’ telescoping pole with top strobe light and flag (replaced 2014); Heaving Line and Lifesling
- Ditch bag: on board
- Drogue: JORDAN SERIES DROGUE (highest rated). Seehttp://www.jordanseriesdrogue.com/
- Medical Kit: (2x) CVS and Johnson & Johnson
- EPIRB: ACR Satellite 406 Category II, Class 1 (2007)
- Electric bilge pumps: (4x) JABSCO ITT Model 37202, each fitted with auto float switches, PumpGuard filters and override switches
- Emergency bilge pump: Portable RULE electric pump and hose
- Safety straps: Under cabin (replaced 2013)
- Emergency tiller: aluminum
- Tools and spares: Extensive inventory, includes all tools used during 2013-2014 refit
- Fog Horn: WEST MARINE Air Horn
- Bell: Deluxe brass bell
- nverter 212V/110V: MAGMA Model MS2817 (Inverter and Charger, 2013)
- Charger system: (2x) XANTREX TrueCharge2 – (2x) 40 AH units in parallel, total 80 AH (2013)
- Battery monitor system: XANTREX (2013)
- House Batteries: (4x) 12V AGM, each 285 Ah = 940 Ah
- Electric Panel: Paneltronics DC and AC (2013)
- Shore power cord: 75 feet, 30 Amp
- Solar panels: (5x) BP Type 585LU = 475 Watts
- Solar Charger System: (2x) MASTERVOLT Solar ChargeMaster Model SCM-N-20(2013)
- Alternators: (2x) BALMAR (factory rebuilt 2013) with Balmar Centerfielder (2013)
- Electrical sockets: (9x) 110 VAC
- Hot water heater: (2x) SIGMAR 5.5 gals
- Water Pressure System: (2x) JABSCO Pumps (2013)
- Macerator Pumps: (2x) JABSCO (2013)
- Generator: none, but wired and fully prepped for new owner installation
- Water maker: none, but wired, plumbed and prepped for new owner installation
- Dinghy: 2005 Caribe 12’ double floor RIB, inspected and repaired 2014
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Hours listed may vary from actual hours due to recent use. Purchaser is encouraged to verify hours prior to purchase. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.