Benefitting from a comprehensive refit completed in 2015, Caroline 1 is now one of the most sought after and desirable modern yachts in her class. The exceptional refit has made her once again an instant success in the charter market meaning an owner can benefit from extensive charter income or convert the yacht into private ownership.
The most recent refit was no ordinary refit with exceptional time consuming and painstaking attention to detail which has resulted in an incredibly high quality finish both inside and out. The extent of the works meant that approximately 15 tons of weight was removed from the yacht making her lighter and more nimble on the water.
Professional architects were employed for both the interior and exterior works and this included many innovations not to be found even on brand new yachts.
Benefiting from undoubted pedigree from her design by Ed Dubois and construction by Alloy Yachts in New Zealand, Caroline1 sails superbly. Caroline 1 is fully compliant to the MCA Code of Practice for large commercial motor and sailing vessels and is registered in the Cayman Islands as a Commercial Vessel available for charter.
Boarding from the stern, guests can benefit from the huge hydraulic door which provided a safe platform for all guests to enter and leave the yacht. Where necessary, the hydraulic passerelle can also be used, as well as a boarding ladder for direct access to the water. The stern platform also boats a superb hidden shower unit which is instantly deployed when guests are swimming or need to cool down.
Standing on the aft deck guests can see the large sunbathing areas and immediately behind are the unique and innovative "chaise-longue" chairs which fold out of the superstructure and are completely hidden when not in use.
The large side decks provide access to the bow where the tender is stored when not in use. A further large sunbathing area is situated above the hardtop providing maximum sun exposure above, and maximum sun protection below.
The main cockpit has two large seating areas including a dining area for 8 guests. The whole cockpit can be fully enclosed to protect guests on chillier days or fully open to enjoy the weather.
The upper saloon is entered through the compressed air operated sliding doors to reveal a guest bar to port including coffee machine, fridge, ice maker and sink. To starboard is the internal upper dining/seating area for 8 providing stunning uninterrupted views across the water.
Forward is the interior helm station and extensive fridges to enable guests immediate access to cold drinks.
Stepping down into the lower saloon guests enter a very luxurious area combing two seating areas and fantastic views to the aft of the yacht. This area includes a huge multi media-TV and library. The main iPad control unit is situated here which controls the entertainment system throughout the yacht, though any guest can control this in their own cabin through their iPad or iPhone.
Aft of the lower saloon guests step down into the cabin area with a twin to starboard, double VIP to port, twin bunk room ahead of the master and the huge master suite taking the whole beam of the accommodation area. All cabins have luxurious en-suite bathroom facilities.
Forward of the lower saloon is the Galley and crew area. The Galley is exceptionally well equipped with two enormous fridge freezers, washer and dryer, oven, fast freezer and all the equipment needed by a top chef.
Refreshments can be served from here and the yacht produces its own filtered mineral water which can be still or carbonated.
The ensuite crew cabins are beyond a crew seating area where key controls for the yacht are also situated. Crew can access the yacht forward or aft meaning that guests to not have to be disturbed at any time.
SAFETY - in accordance with MCA regulations
REFIT DETAIL 2016
- New Cathelco cathodic protection system fitted through entire yacht
- New harmonic suppressor system fitted to maximise usable power from electrical system
- Atlas system upgraded
- New enhanced shaft seal
- Major overhaul of PLC system
- New tanks levels system
- Sails fully serviced
- AC system overhauled
- New instrument panel on helms
- Sound proofing paint applied to hull
- New Miele dryer
- New carpets throughout
- Engine & generators serviced
- Watermakers overhauled
Refit Detail 2015
Starting in November 2013, Caroline 1 underwent a hugely ambitious and comprehensive refit that completed in January 2015 and has resulted in one of the most modern interiors combined with a new exterior profile and total overhaul of all systems and engineering making her one of the most desirable yachts of her class in the world.
While previous refits were aimed at incremental improvements, this refit was planned to provide an additional 20 years usage of the yacht.
The refit included:
- Complete brand new standing rigging (BSI, Netherlands)
- Mast and boom pulled, ultra-sounded (excellent condition), repaired, painted and reinstalled (RigPro)
- Sails removed, serviced and cleaned (Doyle) & new Gennaker
- Complete brand new running rigging
- 2 x New Harken 980 winches and new motors
- Other winches stripped, serviced and rebuilt
- All harken blocks replaced
- Hull completely stripped and repainted (4 coats)
- 2 coats of anti-fouling (Feb 2015)
- Superstructure completely stripped and repainted
- New navigation lights on mast
- Teak decks repaired and completed sanded and treated
- Lateral facia panels previously in aluminium (weighing 500kg each) replaced by new carbon lightweight custom built units
- Major modificatons to bathing platform for easier boarding & brand new shower unit, new teak
- Installation of two "chaise-longue" chairs into stern superstructure which fold away to give an invisible look
- Newly designed & installed safety rails/stanchions
- Installation of two windows into hardtop and new sliding openable centre section
- Helm stations completely stripped and rebuilt to incorporate new navigation and safety systems
- Brand new exterior seating/cushions
- Brand new exterior screens to enclose cockpit
- Complete new safety & medical equipment throughout, life rafts serviced
- New fenders and fender covers
- Whole interior including guest and crew areas completed redesigned & repainted in grey
- Extensive modifications to interior woodwork to create more modern angular look and incorporate new equipment
- Extensive use of leather inlays on riding tables, counter tops, accommodation passageway
- Saloon bar modified and new guest accessible coffee machine installed
- All cupboard door catches replaced throughout
- All door handles replaced throughout
- New carpets throughout
- New mattresses throughout
- New mirrors throughout
- Highly innovative lighting system installed throughout giving better light with near zero heat emission, dimmable
- New wall and table lamps
- New ceilings throughout, modern low profile incorporating new lighting system
- Bathrooms completely rebuilt with new shower units installed
- Complete new entertainment system with new Samsung Smart 55" LED TV in main salon
- Denon sound system throughout controllable in each cabin/salon by iphone/ipad
- New stainless steel facias on all windows, ceiling hatches etc
- Complete redecoration of crew area, new bathrooms
- Camera recording & security system throughout the boat
- Complete overhaul of galley
- New stainless steel backboards
- New high speed freezer
- New Oven
- New Miele washing machine and dryer
- New vacuum system
- New water purifier and mineraliser
Electronics & Navigation
- New autopilot & steering controls
- New satellite communication system
- New VHF radios, fixed and handheld
- Brand new weather station
- Gyro compass service
- New mast aerials
- Complete new fire alarm/control system
- Complete new interior intruder protection system
- New service & navigation computer
- Comprehensive engineering overhaul with main engine lifted and rebuilt
- Generators rebuilt and fully serviced
- Watermakers rebuilt and serviced
- New fire control system
- New air conditioning system installed in Atlas control room
- Atlas control room fully insulated and sound proofed
- Complete overhaul of hydraulic system
- Fresh water tanks cleaned and inspected
- Fuel tanks cleaned and inspected
REFIT DETAIL 2013
- Hot water tanks x3 cleaned of calcium build up and heating elements changed with a newly plumbed continuous loop installed with circulation pump.
- All standing rigging replaced. Reckman furler's full service x2.
- All visible corrosion on mast and boom ground back to good aluminium and faired and repainted. Bottom up to 1st spreader has been resprayed.
- Main sails had full overhaul with improved reinforcement on all baton track points.
- Genoa, full work over carried out and new UV strip added.
- Staysail, full overhaul and new UV strip added.
- Sailing and navigation instruments refitted. Old systems have been replaced with new Raymarine i70 displays x9 throughout.
- New autopilot controller/command unit, mast head wind vane replaced along with wiring.
- New depth/temp/speed transducer installed.
- Engine starter motor full service overhaul x2 carried out.
- Teak-decks fully re-caulked and sanded.
- Water tanks have been treated and cleaned.
REFIT DETAIL 2011
Refit completed in the Rybovich Shipyard in Palm Beach
Hydraulic work completed at Sterling Marine in Palm Beach
- Anchor Ram checked and serviced. All hydraulic rubber hoses and stainless fittings were changed for new
- Captive winches serviced. All hydraulic fittings checked and replaced where necessary
- Installed two new windlasses with new motors, new hydraulic fittings and hoses
- Installed two new HARKEN winches on deck with new motors, hydraulic fittings and hoses
- Checked and serviced all remaining winches. New motors, hydraulic fittings and hoses installed
- Checked and serviced Genoa-Staysail-Mainsail furling system. New fittings and hoses installed
- Checked and serviced Vang. New fittings and hoses installed
- Mast taken out in December 2008 and was tuned again in April 2010
- Restyled and reinforced stanchions and pulpits
- New DOYLE sails in 2010 (Barely used since 2010-11 refit no Atlantic crossing made since then
- Replaced all the sails sheet and halyards for new
- Checked and serviced all deck hardware
- Changed all the buttons, levers and gauges on cockpit consoles
- Checked and serviced KOBELT system (throttles)
- New cushions
- Checked and serviced steering system. New fittings and hoses
- Stripped and revarnished cap rail
- New outside speakers – 4 in cockpit and 2 near tender
- New NORUVANIA tender + new YAMAHA 60 HP outboard engine (August 2010)
- Installed new NAUTICOMP glass bridges sunlight with 12” screen
- NOBELTEC ADMIRAL MAX PRO chart plotter with worldwide charts
- FURUNO Radar Far 2127BB plus new antenna
- Fish Finder FURUNO FCV 1200 BB
- GPS FURUNO GP 150
- VHF FURUNO FM 8800
- VHF ICOMM M504A
- VHF ICOMM M422
- ERICSSON Quad-Band GSM Data cellular phone
- SIMRAD Gyro Compass RGC 50
- SIMRAD AR 80 Analog Repeater for Gyro
- Removed all the windows and re-caulked
- Replaced TVs in master cabin and lower salon
- New carpets, fabrics and new upholstery in lower salon, guest bedrooms and crew mess
- New towels and linens (PORTHAULT), comforters, blankets for crew and guests – guest sheets and towels have the “Aime Sea” logo
- Renovation of the CRESTON music system
- New MIELE ovens – one is a steam oven
- New icemaker
- New lights in the master cabin, the upper and lower salons and all the guest bathrooms
- New mattresses for the crew area
E/R-MECHANICAL, PUMP AND MOTORS:
The following have been installed:
- 3 new chiller units (Cruise-air) for air conditioning system
- 2 new water pumps for water system
- 2 new air compressors
- 2 new high pressure pumps and one low pressure for watermakers which were also checked and serviced. New membranes.
- New batteries for m/e, generators, radio equipment system
- New sensors for fuel and water tanks + new touch screen monitor for reading
- New dive compressor in the lazarette
- 2 new steering pumps
- New deep sea seal and inflatable seal
- New fire and main bilge pump system
The following have been checked and serviced:
- Hundested unit: Changed all the bearings sets
- Pneumatic system
- M/e and generators
- Atlas System
- Keel box and rudder checked
WINTER 2009 – SUMMER 2010 REFIT:
- Shore power converter serviced
- New batteries & new GMDS system
- New tank & battery monitoring system
- Refurbished water makers
- New anchor chain
- Stanchions replaced or rechromed where required
- New cushion fabrics for outside
- All windows checked and window seals changed
- Hydraulic pipes checked, serviced and replaced as required (90% replaced)
- Cap rail revarnished
- Propeller shaft seals replaced
- All rigging serviced including running rigging replaced as necessary
- RECKERMANN furlers fully serviced
- 4 x new KARKEN 980 winches on foredeck
- New sail wardrobe
- Steering system
- Fuel filters serviced
- Fire and bilge pump serviced
- Life rafts serviced
- Air conditioning system – all new compression
- New VHF, new radar, depth sounder, new gyro, new navigation plotter
- New repeaters on radar, NOVATECH at helm station
- Aft warping
- Refrigeration serviced
- New TV’s in master, saloon and crew mess
- New mattresses and wall covering in crew area
- New searchlight controls
- New LED lighting in upper saloon
- New antifouling (tri lux)
RIG REFIT DETAILS – Southern Spars- 2008
Next rig pull due 2013
- Mast removed, re-stepped and tuned. Nitronic rod standing rigging replaced
- All rig fittings replaced or refurbished
- All fastenings and sheaves replaced or refurbished
- All electric and electronic cabling inside mast replaced
- Lights added shining up from each spreader
- Lights on second set of spreaders shining down replaced
- Light added to aft end of boom
- Mast, boom, spreaders and vang repainted in Awl grip
- Running rigging replaced
WINTER REFIT - 2003/2004
- Hull and superstructure repainted January 2004
- New galley fridge and freezer
- Helm wheels stripped to bare wood for recoating
- Bimini canvas cover replaced
- CORIAN work surface in galley replaced with stainless steel bench top
- Teak decking on swimming platform and steps to platform replaced
15 Sackville Street