Zusatzinformationen, Zubehör und Ausstattung:
Name des Schiffes
Werft: Yachts of Scandinavia - Sweden
Designer: Rolf Magnusson
Länge über alles: 40 ft 2 in
Breite: 12 ft 8 in
L.W.L.: 34 ft 2 in
Tiefgang min.: 6 ft 7 in
Tiefgang max.: 6 ft 7 in
Verdrängung: 7600 kg
Ballast: 3700 kg
Gesamtleistung: 45 HP
Marke des Motors: Volvo Penta
Motor Typ: Innenbordmotor
Motorleistung: 45 HP
Anzahl an Einzelbetten: 6
Anzahl Kabinen: 2
Anzahl Toiletten: 2
Manufacture of the Scanmar 40 began in 1988 and continued until the beginning of the 1990s when Yachts of Scandinavia went bankrupt. The manufacturing and marketing was originally through the Börjesson Brothers who also manufactured the Omega and Örnvik boats. During the late 1980s, Yachts of Scandinavia was formed; they produced and marketed the Maxi, Omega, Scanmar and Örnvik boats.
There were approximately 20 boats built between the 1987 and 1991. This makes the Scanmar 40 the rarest of all the Scanmar line.
Yachting World February 1991 Report
The impression of well-tried practice, rather than flashes of innovation, characterise the yacht… The yacht being of Scandinavian build, it comes as no surprise to find that the joinery work is of stained African mahogany… The well-executed joinery work and solid timber nicely matched with face veneers of bulkheads make for a very pleasant ambience in the saloon…
Handling under power is very simple and the yacht can be brought to a stop from full speed ahead within her own overall length… The engine box is well sound insulated and the engine itself runs smoothly and quietly throughout the rev range…
The yacht tracked accurately and was well balanced on all points. There was no backlash from the large wheel, which was positioned conveniently whether the helmsman was sitting down to leeward or perched to weather… We found the yacht stood up well to her canvas. This was no surprise, however, when considering her powerful midship section in conjunction with an unusually high ballast ratio of 46.7%…
The Scanmar 40 is well equipped in basic trim and moderately priced. She combines a rewarding performance under sail with traditional Scandinavian comfort.
- New propeller 2016.
- Keel dropped, checked and rebedded 2016.
- New batteries 2016.
- Saildrive leg replaced 2015 and serviced 2016.
- New sails 2015.
- Standing rigging replaced 2015.
- Saildrive diagphram replaced 2015.
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
- Hand laid GRP hull.
- This incorporates a deep moulded sump to which the keel is bolted.
- A large solid GRP grid pan is incorporated into the hull to spread the keel and rig loads.
- White gelcoat with red waterline and top stripes.
- Aft cockpit configuration.
- GRP deck with balsa core sandwich construction for added strength and heat/noise insulation.
- Hand laid teak deck - which has regularly had Semco and Boracol applied for protection..
- Teak laid cockpit seating, cockpit coamings and cockpit sole.
Keel & Rudder:
- Deep draft lead fin keel.
- Keel dropped, checked and rebedded 2016 – keel bolts found to be in excellent condition.
- GRP rudder balanced with stainless steel stock and wheel steering.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Volvo Penta MD2040B 3-cylinder 4-stroke 45hp diesel engine (replaced 1996).
- Cooling by seawater, cooling a freshwater system through a heat exchanger.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine last serviced: October 2016.
- Cruising speed: 6 knots.
- Maximum speed: 8 knots.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Volvo Saildrive - Leg and diagram replaced 2015 and serviced 2016.
- Volvo 3-bladed folding propeller (replaced 2016) with “Stripper” rope cutter fitted.
- Wheel steering (hide covered) with Whitlock pedestal and solid-link steering.
- 1 x 65Ah 12v engine start battery (2016).
- 4 x 110Ah 12v service batteries joined to provide 440Ah (2016).
- MasterVolt 12v/1500watt/65Amp Inverter/Charger Combination.
- New solar panel (2017).
- 50Amp 12v engine alternator equipped with Adverc smart regulator (replaced 2015).
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurised hot and cold water system.
- Water heated via Webasto diesel fuelled hot water system (fitted 2003) or 240V immersion heater.
- All checked and lubricated 2016.
- 1 x 12v electric bilge pump.
- 1 x manual bilge pump operated from cockpit.
- 150 litres (33 gallons) in 1 x stainless steel tank.
- 400 litres (88 gallons) in 2 x stainless tanks with tank gauges.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- 2 x stainless steel blackwater holding tanks for forward and aft heads.
- Autohelm ST700 Autopilot.
- Suite of Raymarine instruments: chartplotter mounted at steering pedestal, GPS and AIS.
- Raymarine wind, log, depth repeater instruments mounted in cockpit by companionway entrance.
- New speed log (2016).
- Autohelm ST50 Multi function repeater at chart table.
- ICOM IC-M421 DSC VHF radio.
- Raymarine Radar.
- Vecom Navtex receiver.
- Pedestal mounted Steering Compass.
- Separate “Nature Pure” filtered water tap at galley sink.
- Fridge/freezer compartment – New system installed 2016 – FM200 air cooled condensing unit.
- Force 10 Gas cooker with 3 rings, oven and grill (gas line replaced 2017, new certificate issued).
- 2 x Jabsco manual marine heads.
- Hot & Cold pressurised shower with electric pump out in forward heads.
- Pressurised freshwater/saltwater deck wash/cockpit shower.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Webasto diesel hot air heating with outlets in all cabins (requires servicing).
- CD/Radio with speakers in saloon and cockpit.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Accommodation for six in two double cabins and two further single berths in the saloon.
- Headroom 6’1” to 6’5”.
- Mahogany trim with solid wood or veneered marine ply where appropriate. Solid mahogany doors and frames throughout.
- Teak soleboards with holly inlay.
- Blue velour upholstery in saloon.
- White headlining with mahogany battening.
- Lee-cloths for saloon berths.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Forepeak double berth with storage under bunks, shelves on hull side, cupboard on forward bulkhead
- Forward toilet compartment to include sea toilet with holding tank, washbasin and separate shower plus storage cupboard for toiletries etc and a wet locker.
- Forward passage way with deep hanging lockers and large storage cupboards
- Saloon with two full-length sofa berths, storage cupboards, large saloon table with two drop leaves. Galley with large L-shaped layout with good storage and cupboards, both under and above the work surfaces.
- Large forward facing chart table opposite galley with seat and hanging locker behind.
- Aft cabin with centreline double berth. Seating to starboard, hanging locker.
- Ensuite heads to aft cabin to port with heads, sink.
- Isomat anodised alloy keel stepped masthead rig – un-stepped 2016,
- 2 sets of spreaders.
- Folding mast steps.
- Facnor mainsail track and low friction mainsail cars.
- Trysail track.
- Anodised alloy boom and solid-strut boom vang.
- Stainless steel wire standing rigging (backstay and shrouds replaced 2015, forestay replaced 2011).
- Shaefer 2100 Headsail furling gear.
- Spinnaker Pole stowed on mast.
- Selden removable bowsprit with deck padeye and ring fittings.
- Removable inner forestay and running backstays.
- Harken backstay tensioner.
- Lewmar mainsheet track/traveler and genoa cars.
- Lazyjacks system with red canvas stackpack (replaced 2016).
- All principal halyard lines led aft to cockpit.
- 2 x 56 CST self-tailing two speed Lewmar sheet winches.
- 2 x 45 CST two speed Lewmar halyard winches.
- 1 x Harken electric winch.
- Fully battened Mainsail (2015).
- No1 Genoa bi-radial cut (2015).
- No3 Genoa (2004).
- Cruising chute.
- Storm jib.
- Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit and guardrails.
- Stainless steel and teak bathing platform with boarding ladder.
- Cockpit table.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Simpson Lawrence Anchorman 1000 electric windlass (overhauled 2016).
- 65m 10mm galvanised calibrated chain.
- 35lb CQR Anchor.
- Fortress Kedge Anchor with chain & rode.
- Fenders and warps.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Removable red canvas spray hood (replaced 2016).
- Red cockpit bimini.
Tender & Outboard:
- Zodiac 2.4m inflatable dinghy.
- Mariner 3.3hp outboard.
- Outboard bracket mounted to pushpit.
- McMurdo 406 MHZ EPIRB (purchased 2007, serviced 2015).
- Seago 6 man liferaft in canister mounted on pushpit (new 2012, next service due 05/2018).
- Stainless steel Jackstays.
- Firdell Blipper radar reflector.
- 2 x Horseshoe buoys.
- MOB-recovery system.
- New fire extinguishers (x3) and fire blanket 2017.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.