Fantastic opportunity to buy a beautiful Tayana 55 which is almost like new with a low asking price of only USD $300,000. The centre cockpit design is well positioned with a wide range of useful and modern instruments. Inside she has been beautifully fitted out with a very useable layout and is also in great condition with many excellent designed extras. A new furling mast with new stainless steel standing rigging was stepped in June 2014 costing well over USD $100,000. Many other upgrades have been spent in the last couple of years and major upgrade works completed in August 2016 with over USD $95,000 spent. A full list of this work is included in the details below. She is now like a brand new boat and ready to sail the world.
July 2017 Update: The asking price has just been reduced to USD $300,000 and offers are encouraged.
Premium Nautical provide a professional yacht broker service for pre-owned yachts, as well as being dealers for new yachts from Dufour Yachts, Fountaine Pajot, Four Winns, Hudson Yachts and Wellcraft. Premium Nautical are also the Singapore agents for international brokerage company Northrop & Johnson. With such a large range of styles and sizes, we have something for everyone.
While the Premium Nautical office is based at Sentosa Cove Village in Singapore, we have clients and listings spread throughout South East Asia and Australasia.
Please feel free to call us on +65 62745055 or visit our website at www.premiumnautical.com for more listings or information about Premium Nautical.
The stout and handsome Tayana 55s, created by the Ta Yang boatyard in Taiwan, have set the standard for cruisers ever since she was first introduced. The beauty and reliability of these pedigreed blue water cruisers can't be duplicated. The combination of the warm teak trimmed interior ambience, sophisticated cruising design and luxurious amenities make cruising aboard this storied vessel a safe, comfortable and elegant experience to remember. She has been around the world and has been loved and cared for by owners who have lavished her with continuous improvements and maintenance.
'La Scala a Mare' was previously owned by a famous Hollywood restaurateur. He took great pride in hosting parties aboard the boat and made several classy improvements, like building a concealed 90 bottle wine cabinet. A recent owner, a marine engineer and owner of a Phuket-based yacht systems and repair company, invested more than a quarter of a million dollars (USD) in 'La Scala a Mare' between 2009 & 2013. Virtually every system in her has been refit in a first class way, with state-of-the-art technical design and substantial redundancy. The current owner has overseen the hull receiving a new while paint job in 2013, along with the installation of a brand new mast with electric mainsail furling and new stainless steel standing rigging in June 2014. She looks and feels practically new.
The recent owners have made many significant improvements to this legendary yacht by installing many sophisticated control systems and upgrading almost all other systems. There was a top-end rebuild of the Perkins 6 cylinder engine, including new injectors, valves and cooling system.
The electrical system was recently significantly beefed up about 4 years ago with many new upgrades including a new Northern Lights 9.5kva Generator, new battery charger / inverter (Yacht is fitted with 2 Battery Chargers), All new 200AH Deep Cycle 8D batteries imported from US and new BEP Electrical breaker panel with state of the art Battery Isolation switches. Two new air conditioning units (10000BTU & 16000 BTU) a few years ago and the 3rd unit was reconditioned at the same time. The two TECMA electric heads are also only a few years old. New 12V refrigeration system with 3 separate compartments: freezer, fridge and drinks cooler also installed recently.
Also installed recently is a new PC in the nav station with built-in 21" flat screen. The PC System has Raymarine software and is connected to the ship's data backbone. Navigation equipment includes a Raymarine E80 GPS Chartplotter, Raymarine ST60 speed, rudder, wind and depth gauges, Raymarine VHF 240E Radio and repeater handpiece in cockpit. Raymarine repeater gauges installed in the navigation station for speed, rudder, wind and depth data. The autopilot is by Simrad.
A brand new mast with electric mainsail furling and new stainless steel standing rigging was installed in June 2014. The backstay is hydraulically tensioned, with the control head in the cockpit. The main and genoa sails were new only a few years ago. There is an asymmetrical spinnaker with pole. Both the genoa and staysail are mounted on roller furling units, with the genoa furler being electrically controlled from a remote in the cockpit.
Most of the canvas work was replaced recently, a new sprayhood and bimini in 2014, and the full boat cover is only a few years old. In recent years there have been new mattresses throughout the cabins. Plus the salon cushions were recently made in Thailand with exquisite cream leather and the cockpit cushions were likewise custom made in Thailand.
La Scala a Mare has benefitted from considerable care and expense to keep her continuously in excellent shape. The teak interior has been lovingly maintained, and when necessary, replaced to maintain a consistently pristine and original look-and-feel. There are several imbedded deck prisms that permit considerable natural light to enter every cabin. The hatches, with canvas and bug screens have been redone and look fabulous. There is a heavy-duty davit system mounted on the aft deck that carries the 12' tender. Mounted on the stern rail are a Yamaha 8 hp outboard and a back-up 6 hp motor. Also mounted aft are a BBQ grill and a scuba tank rack.
Upgrades/Refit – 2016. The yacht has been up in Phuket getting plenty of upgrades and servicing work done including...
1. Above deck
• Teak deck sanded and sikkaflex grouting repaired.
• Hydraulic cylinder on Vang replaced
• Backstay hydraulic cylinders overhauled
• Raymarine Chart Plotter upgraded to e97 model
• Raymarine Radar upgraded to HD Colour
• New instrument panel installed.
• Wiring for Forestay furler re-routed (off the deck)
• All sails inspected and repaired as necessary
• New deck cushions
2. Below Deck
• New Charger/Inverter installed.
• Bow Thruster installed (Holland Marine –water jets)
• All wiring replaced and rerouted as necessary and old installations removed.
• Electrical panel rewired
• 110v outlets connected.
b. Aircon and Refrigeration
• Lounge aircon overhauled
• Fore and aft cabin aircons’ serviced
• New 12v/AC refrigerator installed above counter
• Freezer overhauled with new compressor and cold plates
• Below counter drinks fridge overhauled
• All water lines checked and replaced as necessary.
• Fuel and water filler hoses replaced.
• Auto sump drains installed in showers
• New bilge pump with emergency electrical backup installed.
• New Engine and Genset water exhaust hoses installed.
• New Stainless exhaust pipes (x2) installed.
• New sink/shower and toilet drain hoses.
• New Hot water heater installed (fitted for Engine exhaust preheat but not connected)
• Sidewall veneer replaced.
• Counter top veneer replaced with Corian
• Drawers and door facing highlighted with Teak
• All mattresses and covers replaced
• Curtains replaced.
f. Engine Room
• Engine and gear box serviced as required (new exhaust elbow installed).
• New seal on oil pan and gearbox installed
• All new engine mounts.
• All sound proofing replaced with new material.
• New Raw water manifold
• Genset serviced as required.
• Hull above water line was sanded back to the fiberglass, covered with an epoxy coating and repainted with Awlgrip.
• Antifouling of bottom
• All through hull fittings below the water line replaced
• All sea cocks replaced
• New prop shaft, flex coupling, and rope cutter
• Dripless shaft seal installed
1 Cove Avenue
#02-01 Sentosa Cove Village