Aloha Yachts were a range of sailing keelboats manufactured in Whitby, Ontario, Canada by Ouyang Boat Works, founded by Ti Ouyang who had previously worked for Whitby Boat Works.
After producing a range of 16, 20 and 23 foot trailerable sailboats under the Matilda name, Ouyang introduced the Ted Brewer & Robert Wallstrom designed Aloha 28 in 1973. This was followed by the 34 (also a Brewer & Wallstrom design, in 1975), 27 (also referred to as the 26, 8.2, and 271), by Robert Perry, in 1979, 32 (by Mark Ellis, in 1982) and 30 (by Ron Holland, in 1986). The company also considered acting as North American agents for Robert Perry designed 41 and 47 foot yachts to be manufactured in the far east and sold under the Aloha-Perry name, but after trials with the prototype 41 foot model, decided not to pursue this arrangement.
All production boats featured good quality fibreglass construction and well finished teak interiors. A total of between 600 and 700 boats were constructed before the company encountered financial difficulties in a mid-1980's depression in the boat building business, and ceased trading. They remain a popular choice with Canadian and US buyers and are supported by enthusiastic owners associations, the Aloha Owners Association catering to owners of 27, 28, 30 and 32 foot models and the Aloha 34 Network to owners of the Aloha 34.
Contact Tracy Buczak CPYB, email@example.com, 814-455-6800, 716-680-4554 cell, 960 West Bayfront Parkway, Erie, PA 16507
Thoughtful design…rich teak joinery…6’ 4” headroom make the Aloha’s interior comfortable.
This Aloha 32 has the Traditional layout with Galley to starboard, Nav station and Quarter berth to port. Two long settees in the salon with storage behind and below. Attractive Caned door for the cabinets add to the appeal. A fold down table is located on the bulkhead, with glass and bottle storage behind. There is a large hanging locker forward to starboard. Head is opposite to port. A door swing to enclose the head and swings to enclose the V-berth as well.
Mounted on her S/S bowsprit supported by a S/S bobstay is a Harken Roller furler w/Dacron 150% Genoa. Just aft is a space housing her CQR anchor attached by chain and rode to a double-action manual windless. Wide side decks on each side of the coach house have teak toe rails and teak trim on the side of the coach house. Adequate ventilation is provided by a large opening hatch on the foredeck, a large opening hatch on the forward coach roof and 2 smaller opening hatches located aft. The sides of the coach roof feature 2 opening ports on each side forward and 2 large fixed each side aft.
All lines are lead aft to stoppers and 2 halyard winches located on the coach roof under the Navy Blue Dodger. Self-tailing winches are located on the teak covered cockpit coamings for the Genoa sheets. The “T”-shaped cockpit is large enough for 4 or more plus room along the curved helm seat for a couple more. The helmsman can easily reach the Genoa winches for single-handing. The engine panel is located even with the helm to starboard. The new Raymarine autopilot control w/SmartPilot is just above that. A teak hatch aft of the helm conceals the propane locker. There is a easily accessible folding swim ladder mounted on the transom.
· Raymarine Wheel pilot with Smart Pilot (New)
· Garmin Map 441 on swing out bracket
· Standard Horizon VHF w/DSC and cockpit speaker (2005)
· Battery Charger (2008)
· 3 New Batteries (2016)
· Weems & Path Oil lamp, Ships Clock & Barometer
· AM/FM/CD with Ipod jack and speakers
· 2 shore power cords w/adapters
· 90 Watt Solar panel
· S/S sink w/hot & cold pressure water
· Very large Refrigeration w/icemaker, Smart Controller, (2012)
· 2 burner propane range and oven
· Ample storage above and behind as well a in drawers and cabinet
· Handcrafted pottery Dishware, Pots and Pans and Utensils
· 2 Propane tanks
· Haarstick Dacron Full-battened Mainsail 2005 (cleaned and reconditioned 2016)
· Quantum Dacron 145% Genoa (2016)
· UK Dacron 100% Jib (good condition)
· UK Dacron 145% Genoa (good condition)
· Nylon Spinnaker (good condition)
· Harken Furler
· Genoa & Spinnaker sheets
· 4 Halyards
· Barlow #23 & Barlow #15 on port coachroof
· Barlow #23 on Starboard coachroof
· Barlow #32 Self-Tailing Primaries
· New Lifelines (2015)
· Custom Tufted Quilted cushion for V-berth
· Micro cabin top vent
· CQR 45# Anchor & Bruce Anchor w/chain & Nylon rodes
· Folding Cockpit Table
· Propane Grill for stern rail w/cover
· Flex-O-Fold 2 blade folding prop
· 3-blade fixed prop
· Docklines & 6 large Fenders
· 110V small cabin heater
· Winter cover & frame
· Steel Cradle
· Removable Davits
960 West Bayfront Parkway
Erie, PA 16507