LOA: 46 ft 7 in
Beam: 12 ft 6 in
LWL: 33 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 9 in
Displacement: 14750 kgs
Ballast: 4500 kgs
Total Power: 80 HP
Engine Brand: Ford Sabre
Engine Model: 2711E
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 80 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (477 Litres)
Fuel Tanks: (475 Litres)
Holding Tanks: 2 (40 Litres)
5 berths in 2 cabins with approx. 6'4" max. headroom. Fore-cabin with raised double berth and storage cupboards. Heads to starboard in own compartment with new Jabsco marine toilet, wash basin, shower with shower curtain and heated towel rail. Large galley area to port with Leuven upright refrigerator (new 2005), Samsung combi microwave, stainless steel sink with hot and cold running water, wine rack and ample storage. Two black swivel leatherette chairs to starboard with small folding tables. Removable pipecot can be fitted over swivel chairs as a sea berth.
Ford Sabre 2711E, 4 cylinder, 80 hp diesel engine. Shaft drive to 3 bladed fixed propeller. Raw water cooled via heat exchanger. Electric start. Teleflex/Morse controls. New injectors fitted 1995. The engine was lifted out, serviced, painted, had a major overhaul in 2004 and has been serviced regularly since. Revs, volts, temperature and oil pressure gauges.
2 x 200 amp/hour 12 volt domestic batteries and single 75 amp/hour engine starting battery, all in a sealed and box and charging from alternator on the engine. 220 volt shore power system with 13 amp ring main and Victron 120 amp battery charger with 2500 va inverter. All 220 volt AC sockets to port and 12 volt DC sockets to starboard. Interior of boat completely rewired in 2005 with wires in cable trays with new RCB box and 12 volt electrical panel. Interior lighting. Mitsubishi 7.5 kw HFL Powergen generator (new 2006 with only 27 hours) in bow locker with 80 amp/hour battery (new 2009).
Sails & Spars
Masthead rigged ketch. Sailspar white aluminium deck stepped double spreader main mast. Sailspar white aluminium single spreader mizzen with funning backstays. White aluminium boom. Twin spinnaker poles stowed on deck or mast. Stainless steel standing rigging (new 2005/6). Terylene running rigging (new 2005/6). Slab/roller reefing mainsail with lazyjacks. Harken headsail furling system. Removable inner forestay. 4 x Gibb winches in cockpit. Single Harken 53 self-tailing genoa sheet winch at aft end of cockpit. Lewmar 42 self-tailing and Gibb halyard winches on main mast. 2 x winches on mizzen.
- Mainsail - Cheong Lee - 1977 - Dacron - Fair - 390 sq.ft.
- Mizzen - Cheong Lee - 1977 - Dacron - Fair - 150 sq.ft.
- Furling genoa - 2006 - Dolphin - laminated with foam luff and U/V leach
- Genoa - Cheong Lee - 1977 - Dacron - Poor - 578 sq.ft.
- Working jib - Cheong Lee - 1977 - Dacron - Good - 187 sq.ft.
- Storm jib - Cheong Lee - 1977 - Dacron - Good - 97 sq.ft.
- Yankee - Cheong Lee - 1977 - Dacron - Moderate - 386 sq.ft
- Spinnaker - Cheong Lee - 1977 - Good
- Running sail - Cranfield - 1981 - Dacron - Fair - 500 sq.ft.
- Mizzen staysail - Cheong Lee - 1981 - Dacron - Good
- CQR anchor with chain with 90' chain
- 2 x 200' anchor warps
- Bruce, Halls and Fisherman's anchors
- SL555 manual anchor windlass
- Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit and stanchions
- 2 x Samson posts on foredeck
- Green main and mizzen covers
- 4 x fenders
- 6 x fenders
- 50 (approx) Harken folding mast steps in a box (unused) with some already fitted to main mast
- 2 x dorade vents on deck
- Solar deck fan over forepeak
- Sestrel Major compass
- Icom M6-01 DSC VHF (new 2005) with extension in cockpit on long lead
- JRC 1500 MkII radar (new 2005/6)
- Lycia MX420 GPS
- NKE gyropilot - autopliot system at chart table (2005)
- NKE remote wireless control for pilot with MOB facility
- NKE wind direction on binnacle
- NKE compass on binnacle
- NKE multi (wind/log/speed/depth) on binnacle
- PC connection at the chart table
- Kenwood communications receiver
- Brass clock, barometer and tide clock
- Deck lights on main and mizzen spreaders
- Deck level navigation lights
- Admiralty pilot books covering Med, Caribbean and Pacific
- Quickbuoy inflatable danbuoy
- Flares (out of date)
- Plastimo rescue sling
- Plastimo safety ladder
- Block and tackle system for MOB
- 5,000,000 candlelight rechargeable lamp
- 5 x Crewsaver life jackets (2 x 150N, 2 x 100N and 1 x child) with harnesses
- 3 x fire extinguishers
- Fire blanket
- Manual bilge pump
- Electric bilge pump
- Various international code and courtesy flags
Tanks and Equipment
Diesel tanks: (new 2005) 2 x 215 litres and 45 litre day tank total capacity 475 litres with gauges
Water tanks: (new 2005) 2 x 192 litres and 93 litre pressure tank total capacity 477 litres, with gauges
Black water tank: (new 2005) under saloon floor with light showing when full and electric and manual discharge
Grey water tank (new 2005) under saloon floor with light showing when full and electric and manual discharge
Calorifier: (new 2005/6) heated by Eberspacher heating system or 220 volt immersion heater
Eberspacher 10kw heating system - both blown air and hot water with radiators and heated towel rail - chimney on deck with blanking plug.
Valiant 46 built by Petticrows for first owner in 1977 to a design by Alan Hill and originally built and certified to Lloyds 100A1. Cream painted ferro-cement hull with teak rubbing strake. Topsides blasted and painted with two coats of Epicure epoxy in 2007 and also repainted in 2009. The underwater part of the hull was copper coated in 2007. Teak decks and doghouse with Coelan varnish - cockpit and doghouse recently sheathed. New 'Tec-dek' on aft deck. Ferro/iron long keel with iron ballast. Whitlock hydraulic wheel steering to keel hung rudder. Self draining cockpit. The interior has been professionally re-fitted with varnished ash woodwork and new upholstery between 2000 and 2005.
Precious Marine offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Some websites that link to us may not drag the full information across please feel free to click the link and ask for the full inventory.