During the refit in 2008/2009 EAGER's interior joinery, all systems, all machinery, mast and rigging were removed.
Beginning with the bare hull, the longitude and transverse structures were supplemented with additional GRP to substantially strengthen and stiffen the hull.
The rig was redesigned and the chainplates, stem and stern fittings were replaced.
All hull coatings were removed and a new paint system above and below the waterline were applied.
The rudderskeg was rebuilt to accommodate a longer, better shaped rudder.
EAGER's deck, superstructure and cockpit were completely replaced. The engine was moved aft with a V drive resulting in more space in the interior. The cockpit is more efficient and the cabin entrance more user friendly!
All hatches, deck and rigging hardware,stanchions and bases,anchor roller, windlass, push and pulpits were replaced.
Her decks and cockpit have beautiful laid teak and teak toe rails. Her cabin top and sides are also fitted with laid teak.
For all intents and purposes EAGER has kept her 1970's character and beauty, but she is a new yacht.
A new custom built carbon two spreader spar and boom were built by GMT Composites painted in cream.
The rig designed by Jim Antrim is 12' taller as the original mast which was restricted by the then important IOR Rule.
Halogen spreader lights ar fitted. A Harken mast track with ball bearing bat cars take care of the fully battened mainsail and lazy jacks. Rod rigging with PBO running backstays complement the rig. Additional equipment includes:
- GMT Composites carbon spi pole
- Solid SS Rod Kicker
- New standing rigging (Rod)
- New running rigging
- Moulded carbon shroud boxes
- Navtec hydraulicbackstay adjuster
- Harken MK4 3E Electric Halyard Winch
- 2x Lewmar 50ST at mast
- 1x Lewmar 30 ST at mast for reefing
- 1x Lewmar 48ST Electric for mainsheet
- 2x Lewmar 68ST Electric primaries
- 2x Lewmar 34ST secondaries
All sails are 2010 and include a Carbon fully battened main, a Carbon Furling Genoa, and a Ripstop Spinnaker.
EAGER'S DECK GEAR:
- Lewmar electric windlass with foot switches
- CQR 45lbs anchor on a stainless steel bow roller
- 150' high tensile steel anchor chain spliced to 150' 3/4" nylon mega braid rode
- Retractable mooring cleats
- Stainless steel Dorades
- Stainless steel stanchions, push and pulpits
- Custom single point mainsheet arrangement attached to cockpit table (teak)
- Retractable helm seat
- Original C&N Fairleads rechromed
- Bowman stainless steel hatches
- Full weather cover
- Pedestal, winch and coachroof covers
- Viking hard canister liferaft
- Tender and outboard
EAGER has benefitted from the replacement of all old wiring, plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems.
The list of equipment includes:
- New Yanmar 4LH-DTE 4 cylinder diesel engine rated @ 170 HP (125KW)
- Flexible coupling to an Aquadrive stainless steel shaft on V drive
- Twin Racor fuel filter system
- Complete overhaul of the original C&N designed steering system fitted with collapsable Lewmar steering wheel
- 12V DC /230V AC electrical systems
- 2x Climma marine aircon units (16,000 and 4,000 BTU)
- Electric heads (2x)
- Halogen lighting throughout
- Pressurised hot and cold water
- 4x Group 31 AGM batteries (house)
- 2x Optima 75 AH 900 CCA start batteries
- Mastervolt Mass GI 7,0 Isolating Transformer for AC
- Mastervolt 2000Watt invertor; 100 Amp charger
- Palmar M6-612 alternator / regulator
- Shore power cable
- Fisher Panda PMS 4200 Plus/60Hz / 220V/50 Hz AC generator
- 230V/60Hz ring main with sockets throughout the interior
- All wiring is marine grade tinned copper stranded
- Pressurised water system hot/cold
- Spectra MPC 5000 watermaker
- Bilge pumps in each hull section with monitors, aqua alarm and manual / auto overrides
- Propane gasbottles (2x) with solenoid switch
- Digital tank gauges for fresh, black and grey water tanks (110L each)
- Polyethylene tanks for grey and black water tanks with macerator pumps
The interior of EAGER has been executed in selected teak veneers with teak trim and doorframes. The exposed hull sides are finished in yellow cedar and the sole is teak. All finished in satin varnish. Interior upholstery is in blue leather. All counter tops are Corian.
The forepeak accommodates a chain locker, a sail storage area and access to the windlass motor. A deck hatch provides access .
Next aft is the Master Cabin with a Queen size bed, storage cabinets, hanging lockers, seat and desk and drawers under. A drop down TV is available. There is a bathroom adjacent with an electric toilet, sink and shower.
Aft to port is the Guest Cabin. The bed expands to a double with storage under. On SB side is the second bathroom with electric toilet, sink and shower.
The main salon incorporates the galley area. The galley is fully equipped with a U shaped Corian counter top, double sinks, refrigeration with top and front door access, a four burner Force Ten gimballed stove/oven/grill and plenty of storage cabinets and drawers.
Opposite the galley is a large comfortable seating area around a teak table with access to a pop up TV unit.
There are two quarter berths either side of the companion way with a large chart table to port and a wet locker.
The interior of EAGER is in period styling and finished to a very high yacht finish and is inviting, practical and comfortable at sea.
From her early spartan racing interior, she has developed a stylish family interior suitable for weekend sailing or blue water cruising.
EAGER's navtronics include:
- Ritchie Compass
- Ray marine E 80 and E120 Chartplotters
- Ray marine ST 602 Autopilot
- Ray marine ST 60 wind/speed/direction (2x)
- Icom M505 VHF
- Icom M80 1E SSB
- Sole CD Player
- Kenwood CK/Radio
- 2x flatscreen TV screens
- 1970 CAMPER AND NICHOLSONS 55 PERFORMANCE YACHT FORMERLY LUTINE
- SUCCESSFUL RACING HISTORY AND PEDIGREE
- 2009 REFIT LEFT NOTHING UNTOUCHED
- FAST YACHT SUITABLE FOR FAMILY WEEKENDS OR SERIOUS OFFSHORE RACING/CRUISING
- IN IMPECCABLE CONDITION
- LYING ASIA
- AS ICONIC AS A JAGUAR E TYPE!