1953 Hinckley Owens Cutter
- vollständige Spezifikationen ansehen
- einmotorig / diesel
- Deltaville, VA
- aktueller Preis:
- US$ 125,000 (EUR 106,655)
The Hinckley Owens 40 Cutter is one of the most beautiful and best performing sailing yachts that Hinckley built during the 50's.
Behold, the restoration of "Desperado" is as complete and beautiful as one could ask for!
This boat has huge "Wow Factor"
Designed by Norman G. Owens of Owens Boatworks in Baltimore, Maryland and first produced in 1946. Owens Boatworks produced 41 of these cutter designs as sleek, powerful, fast , Chesapeake Bay racers. The 3 Owens brothers decided to discontinue production in 1949 and concentrate on power boat construction. The plans were offered to the Henry R. Hinckley Co. and the Hinckley Company built 12 of the wooden cutters in the 50's before shifting to the new fiberglass construction. Only 4 cutters were built with the mahogany hard dodgers--they were referred to as "Doghouses"
There have been 7 previous owners prior to the current owners.
The current owners purchased the boat in 2002 and spent almost 2 years doing a total restoration of "Desperado". The restoration was done by a professional shipwright that lived with the project until she was completed in 2004. An outline of the restoration is as follows:
- Restoration of "Desperado" began May 25, 2002
- Demo work included removal of all hardware, plumbing, wiring, wheel pedestal, and spars.
- Removed teak decking and re-planed for reuse.
- Replaced damaged deck frames.
- 1/2" marine plywood installed over deck frames and epoxy sealed.
- Removed fuel and water tanks for inspection and cleaning.
- Removed Westerbeke diesel for a complete rebuild.
- Removed all varnish from cabin truck and doghouse and refinished with varnish.
- Epoxy and faired carvel coachroof
- Installed new port glass and bronze port rings.
- Sanded hull to bare wood and applied 2 layers of 1/4" marine plywood over existing mahogany hull. The overlay was epoxy saturated, glued and SS stapled to the hull to form a "cold mold" overlay. When cured, the hull was sanded, faired, re-sanded, and fiberglassed from toe rail to keel with 6 oz. cloth and epoxy resin. Hull was sanded, faired, primed and painted with Interlux "Toplac"--Flag Blue.
- Installed a new mahogany rub rail with bronze guard, new mahogany cap rail and added 1/4" mahogany veneer to the toe rail face.
- Dry-fit, epoxy and screwed the planed 5/8" teak deck onto to the new deck.
- Caulked decks
- Installed new rudder and tiller steering system.
- Installed new prop shaft, shaft tube, exhaust system, and engine.
- New bottom paint
- Launched December 12, 2002.
- Rebuilt cockpit to include new combing boards, combing cap, and teak veneer cockpit seats.
- Started interior rebuild by removing all settees, galley, and head.
- Fabricated and installed new SS 40 gal water tank under vee-berth and fabricated new SS ice box with 3" insulation.
- Installed Force 10 propane stove and propane system and new galley sink.
- Complete interior hull / bilge paint job ( bilge gray)
- Full custom interior rebuild including white cedar interior hull strips.
- Totally re-wired, re-plumbed boat with new 12v/110v circuit panel
- New batteries and interior lighting.
- New summer awning (2003)
- Finished engine hookup to full operation.
- Re-finished Sitka Spruce mast ( June 2003)
- Sanded deck and re-installed all deck hardware, winches, and cleats (Polished Bronze)
- All new interior cushions (2003)
- Soft dodger extension to the "Doghouse" made and installed.
- Tuned rig
- Maiden sail ( Columbus Day Weekend 2003 ) in the Turkey Shoot Regatta. Won the "Miss Ann" trophy for most beautiful yacht in a fleet of 135 participants.
- Winter 2003 / 2004 final interior finishes and new galley table.
- 2003 New Mainsail, Staysail, and 135 Genoa (Quantum)
- 2003 New winter canvas cover.
- 2004 New Fir Boom built
- 2005 Added new high-cut Yankee and 155 Genoa (Ullman)
- 2005 New Mainsail and staysail covers and genoa bag
- 2009 Modified and re-located engine oil filter and oil cooling system.
- 2010 New summer awning.
- 2011 New anchor brace and rolling system
- 2015 New electric fuel pump and Racor filter system.
- 2015-16 Un-stepped and refinished mast, installed new head, re-finished and re-caulked teak decks, and installed new port glass.
- 2015-16 New standing Rigging!
"Desperado" has just been bottom painted and launched for the 2017 season.
The boat is currently in the water for inspection.
If sheer beauty is what you wish to sail----this Hinckley Owens is a must see boat.
No details or expenses have been spared!
Let the pictures tell the story!
Please contact Master User at 804-438-6443
Zusatzinformationen, Zubehör und Ausstattung:
Länge über alles: 41 ft 0 in
Breite: 10 ft 6 in
L.W.L.: 28 ft 0 in
Tiefgang max.: 6 ft 0 in
Ballast: 6000 lbs
Stehhöhe: 6 ft 3 in
Trokengewicht: 19500 lbs
Gesamtleistung: 37 HP
Marke des Motors: Westerbeke
Motor Typ: Innenbordmotor
Propeller: 3-Blatt Propeller
Antrieb Typ: Direktantrieb
Motorleistung: 37 HP
Anzahl Wassertanks: 2 Edelstahl (110 Gallonen)
Anzahl Treibstofftanks: 1 Edelstahl (35 Gallonen)
Anzahl an Einzelbetten: 5
Anzahl Kabinen: 2
Anzahl Toiletten: 1
Kompaß - Ritchie
Autopilot - Raymarine
UKW-Funk - Standard Horizon
voll durchgelattetes Großsegel - Quantum 2004
Sturmfock - Yankee hi-cut 100 Ullman 2005
Genua - 135 and 155 Quantum 2004
Pinne - with Raymarine autopilot
Marine-WC - Jabsco Twist-Lock 2016
Heizung - Soapstone wood-charcoal stove
Ofen - Force 10 with 2 burners
Landanschluß - 30 amp with shorepower cord
Teakdeck - Sanded andre-caulked 2016
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.