1925, carvel 4 Ton Hillyard with lifting keel and gaff cutter rig, Tohatsu outboard, mainsail, jib and staysail, Wykeham Martin furling gear.
Built in 1925. Carvel construction of Pitch Pine, Gaff Cutter rig, aft cockpit, outboard mounted on transom, rare lifting keel version. deck sheathed and painted. Superstructure Mahogany, natural oiled finish. Internal lead trimming ballast.
LOA 25ft with bowspit
LOD - 22ft on deck
Draft 2'6" keel up
Draft 4'6" keel down
Gaff mainsail. Wykham Martin furling. Mainsail Duradon with reefing points , No.1 Jib and Stay sail, all made new in 1996. Wooden mast & spars. Galvanised standing rigging.
Tohatsu 6hp outboard motor on transom bracket. Engine new in 2009 (4 stroke).
Plough Anchor with chain
Flares and a fire blanket, manual brass bilge pump
1 cabin with sitting headroom. 2 x single settee berths.
Very pretty little gaff cutter, rare centre board version of the 4 tonner. She was built in 1925 and first Registered on the Part 1 ships register in 1936. She changed hands a few times after the second world war before being purchased by Ralf Stanford in 1949. The last entry on the blue was was Charles Greatbach who purchased in 1996. A few owners later she was purchased by Ken Hogg in 1985 after he found her in a distress state, he restored "Daisy" over a ten year period. Around 5 years ago she was moved to Maldon where a new deck and cabin top were fitted. She is now presented in good, sailing condition ready for her new owner to cherish!
The Yacht Harbour